Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Hoboken : Real Estate Advice

  • All525
  • Local Info38
  • Home Buying204
  • Home Selling21
  • Market Conditions18

Activity 4
Sat Aug 13, 2016
Lillytena answered:
One of the biggest nightmares with new home construction is failing to identify a cost item.

To obtain an accurate total price, you must have two things: 1. Each major and many minor items listed. 2. Accurate prices for each item - not guesses or allowances! I haven't listed every single nut and bolt item, however, I'll bet that you will be surprised at the detail of the list. If you have a specialized job and know of an item I could include, please contact me. I have provided extra blank spaces at the end of the list in case you need to add items. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 17, 2014
garypuntman answered:
I would love to find a professional to do some staging for my home. I am going to be listing it soon. I want it to look great and appealing for future buyers. I think that getting someone to stage my home would help in being able to sell it faster. I will have to look into some of these suggestions. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Laura Ana Blanche answered:
Hi Nicole,

I have a client that just went through this process and was successful. If you'd like additional advice after you talk to the zoning board, please feel free to call me. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
First of all - the fact that the work is completed does not mean you can't prove they didn't have permits...of course you can, .as permits are taken out with the buidling inspector's office, so there are records of them (if they are required), plus the final co's and inspections should be on record, too, if they were properly done..

Now, if they simply replaced the sink and commode or installed new itle, and didn't alter the configuration of the batheroom, permits might not have been needed. Call the building inspector's office, and find out. Also read your bylaws to determine what the owner's obligation is prior to making any changes or modifications, and whether permission must first be granted.

Walter summed it up nicely - Certainly you need to make the management company and association aware of what has taken place. Based on their response, if they won't take any actions, you might want to hire an attorney. Please know that no Realtor can give legal advice.

In my condo, the association would definitely follow up in a situation such as yours. But, every condo varies.

You will need to document, in writing, any damage that has occurred in your unit.

Good luck.......let us know how things turn out!
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
... more
2 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Remodel & Renovate in Hoboken Zip Codes