Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Quality of Life in Rhode Island : Real Estate Advice

  • All111
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying61
  • Home Selling10
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 3
Mon Sep 5, 2016
Pearsonlinda answered:
Barrington is close to the bike path, you'll be on the east side of the bay. Seekonk will be the shopping area. Roads in and out of the East Bay side tend to be slow speed limits and only one lane each way (if you're headed to Bristol or Newport). Beaches would be limited - unless you drive to Newport. You would be closer to Cape Cod. Not sure about the restaurants there.
East Greenwich is on the West Bay - it's close to Route 95, which makes it accessible to Providence, CT, Warwick (known for its shopping on Rte 2). Roads tend to be 2 lanes each way and have higher speed limits. Beaches are plentiful, depending on where you want to go - Narragansett is 20 minutes away and has the best beaches in RI. East Greenwich has excellent restaurants. I favor the West Bay - easy access to everything.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 14, 2008
Sarah Caddell answered:
you need two things as soon as possible a real estate agent in the area the home is in (to verify that you are correct) and most importantly a real estate attorney. Real estate agents are normally not lawyers and therefore can not and should never give legal advice. Contact the attorney he will advise you what you need to do. I have a few that my office uses on a regular basis. If you would like their information give me a call at (401)885-6260 ext 40 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 3, 2007
Ute Ferdig answered:
Hi Goggie. I don't know where deeds are recorded in the state where the property is located. I would suggest that you talk to a real estate agent in the town where the property is. The agent should be able to access current ownership records. If you find that your name is no longer on the deed, you'll have to seek legal advice. It sounds like you are still married as you say that you have been separated for 19 years. While you probably could file a dissolution of marriage or legal separation action in your state, that state court might not have jurisdiction to decide matters that involve real property located in another state. Since you are asking whether taking you off the title is legal, you are asking for legal advice. Only attorneys licensed in the state whose laws are involved may give legal advice. Real estate professional sare prohibited from giving legal advice and you should not rely on anything you read on the Internet as legal advice. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice