Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Property Q&A in Santa Clarita : Real Estate Advice

  • All193
  • Local Info19
  • Home Buying77
  • Home Selling20
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 55
Thu Mar 2, 2017
Charles Jones VA Specialist answered:
VA Does Require a Pest Report... Section ONE Always has to be cleared. Thus most homes need some sorrt of repair which does require a return trip from th Pest Inspector. The advantgage of the pest company doing the repair is that they supply you with the needed Cleared Report the same day the repairs are finished . Section 2 is dependant on the lender ie: the Underwritter. The Underwriter typically will ask for a copy of the work order and Both the Original and the Cleared Reports . Almost ALL of the costs come from Section 1,(for the most part Dry Rot and Wood Repair) making Section 2 ( such as tighening a comode or removing types of bio-mass) an easy sell. For VA buyers, I ALWAYS Write in the column that refers to OTHER TERMS .. "Seller to Clear Section 1 and Section 2"
100% of my clients are US Veterans , Be sure to thank them for their Service
Chuck Jones
US Army Desert Storm
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 8, 2014
Jonathan padel asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 9, 2014
Jessica Cloward answered:
That's a great question. In the properties that I have managed in the past and in one that I personally own, the the sun room is included in the total square feet.
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 7, 2014
Sara Spalione answered:
This ad is not for real. Sometimes agents will post listings such as this to get a ton of calls and turn them into leads. And if you look up the property, it is most likely an old listing that they just stole the pictures from. Always be apprehensive when you see listings with prices that are too good to be true, because the probably are!! Your best bet at finding a rental would be to go through a leasing company such as They are reputable and legit! Good luck :) ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 24, 2014
Jacob Koshy answered:
Happy to help you.
Jacob Koshy
Keller Williams
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 31, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
Just answered your last question. But here it goes again in case you don't refer back to your other one.

You really should start with the park manager. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rental park

Be sure to have it thoroughly inspected by an experienced MH inspector and not just any home inspector as there are several nuances with MHs that you don't have in a conventional site-built home and most home inspectors not familiar with these nuances will not even know what to look for.

Make sure the inspector crawls under the home and thoroughly inspects each and every pier and pad assembly for rust, deterioration and decomposition if steel and for decomposition if concrete as homes close to the ocean can be severely impacted by salt.

They should also make sure the home is level by checking all the doors and windows to make sure that they are not swinging or sticking and that all the strike plates on the doors are properly aligned and the doors close soundly.

The inspector should also inspect the steel mainframe for rust and decomposition as well. I can't tell you how many mainframes we've had to repair that were suffering and in some cases even failing from rust and deterioration related issues.

Be sure and have the inspector check for rips and tears in the vapor barrier under the floor. If there are openings in this membrane it could allow the insulation under the floor to become compromised and even fall on the ground.

Openings in the vapor barrier are also a great place for rodents and cats to habitate and reproduce. We've eradicated countless critters from these cavities over the years and it's not a very pleasant experience.

Finally and very importantly make sure the home has a California State Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) certified earthquake resistant bracing system (ERBS) as most areas in California are classified as a Zone 4 earthquake area which holds a high probability of risk for a seismic event..

We are a California licensed and experienced manufactured home and general contractor and manufactured home dealer, developer and real estate brokerage with decades of experience in the MH industry.

Please feel free to contact us anytime at 800 909-1110; cell: 760 815-6977. Or email us at

Please feel free to log onto any of our very user friendly websites:

Also be aware that the MH is a PRE HUD, built before June 15, 1976. Mobile Homes built up to 1979 are known to have caustic (formaldehyde) and carcinogenic (asbestos) chemicals in the insulation, popcorn ceilings, acoustical tile, particle board sub floors and perhaps even countertops.
You really should start with the park manager. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rental park. But you should also make sure you have the home inspected by an experienced manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Liliana West answered:
Hi B.,

This looks more like a "note to self" than a question! :) But, if I were to answer it as a question, the answer depends on what you need it for. If you just need an approximate number, it is public record and available from the assessor's office or your friendly 91355 neighborhood Realtor (please see my contact info below) just for the asking. If you need a more accurate number, you would be better off having it measured by an appraiser. I can recommend one, or you can find one online. Please contact me if you need more information.

Make it a great day!

Liliana West, REALTOR
23822 Valencia Blvd., #101
Valencia, CA 91355
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Alex Meguerditchian answered:
Not much you can do about this, really depends on the company/website (i.e. Zillow,Trulia, I have put in a complaint to the technicians, hopefully that'll work. Might I suggest google street views on the google maps. Best of luck! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 7, 2013
Realty One Group Solutions answered:

The previous agents have already told you about the market and the inventory or lack of inventory. The good news is I just listed a property on Trumpet right around the corner from the one you are asking about. It is an exclusive which means it will not be on the open market and not in the MLS.

The seller is asking $149,900 for it and it is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath in good condition. If you are interested please contact me anytime. I'm very sure it will sell very quickly, so if you'd like to see it please contact me as soon as you can.

Rich Szerman
Silver Creek Realty
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Kim Campbell answered:
This is my listing. I would be happy to discuss the details with you.
Kim Campbell
Pinnacle Estate Properties, Inc.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 2, 2013
William Boyd answered:
No, It is a scam. Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it is
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Susan Bo'ur answered:
Good morning Marcy,

This house has just begun the foreclosure process, so is not yet available, and may not be depending on if the homeowner is to pay what is currently in default.

As Realtor's, we do not add these properties to Trulia. We use the Multiple Listing Service which is accurate and always updated.

I'd be happy to send you property info sheets on listings that are available..these includes several pictures of the inside and out..complete details on the property, including a map, local schools, restaurants, etc..
There is no fee, no obligation to email these to you.

The process is the same to purchase a property whether you're local or long distance. It is important for you to see the property in person, and then everything else can be handled via email.

Please contact me directly with your criteria, and I can start sending you info sheets.

Susan Bo'ur Realtor/Coldwell Banker
(310) 600-4240
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Realty One Group Solutions answered:
As some of the other agents have said, this is not a real listing. The price is clearly incorrect.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Douglas Sedam answered:
The property is still available. If you have a realtor please have them call Don or Dawn Sedam at 805-492-9445. If you are not represented by a realtor then please can me and I can arrange for you to see the property. Yes people have horses and other animals in the area, i.e. it is zoned for that. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 3, 2012
John Souerbry answered:
Best to speak with an attorney regarding use of an LLC or corporation for any purpose. However, you can't "hide" properties in an LLC. Financial aid applications ask for the value of all your assets, which would include your ownership in the LLC. Whether you hold the property in your name or in the LLC, the value of the property that you have to report will likely be the same. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Tony Lewis answered:
Manuel Solis, You are always best served by contacting a professional in the field you need help. A CPA or Real Estate Attorney are the only people you should consult on this issue. Let me know if you would like a referral.

I am a professional in the field of investment properties. We can meet to find you the best investment for your family's financial future. Santa Clarita offers you many incredible investment options. Valencia, Stevenson Ranch and other of our incredible communities have homes that will rent out quickly and be a sound investment. Safety, great schools and a community that takes care of itself make being a landlord easier and rewarding. Call, Text or Email anytime, day or night, to see listings or set up a time to meet.

Tony Lewis RE/MAX of Valencia Cell - 661-510-7975
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Tony Lewis answered:
Chelovd, It is essential for a buyer or seller of a home anywhere work with information that comes directly from the MLS System. Prices online can be stated by anyone and can't be verified. The home you found is located in the Copper Hill North area of Saugus at 22922 Banyan PL # 213. This home is a standard sale being sold directly by the home owner. The original list price and current list price are the same, $249,900. The home was listed on June 26, 2012 and went into escrow on August 14, 2012. It is currently in escrow. Let me know the details of your home search or a home you would like to sell and I'll share all the information you need. Your Friend & Realtor, Tony Lewis RE/MAX of Valencia ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Tony Lewis answered:

This home sold in March of this year. This was a short sale and required the lender to approve the sale. These homes have a rather high HOA fee and are duplexes with their own yard and garage. Let me know the price, size, locations and number of bedrooms you need and I'll send you all matching active listings. You can depend on my 32 years of local knowledge to be at work for you! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
Property Q&A in Santa Clarita Zip Codes