Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Investment Properties in Orange County : Real Estate Advice

  • All332
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying181
  • Home Selling26
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 32
Mon Feb 20, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
I would suggest that you pick up the phone and call a local realtor to assist you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 15, 2017
Bernard G. answered:

I have emailed you regarding this concern.


Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 26, 2017
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
Typically, distressed properties don't come with keys. You usually have to gain entry through a locksmith or by "breaking in" .... just make sure you have all your paperwork with you to prove ownership!
Nicole, Tarbell Realtors
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 22, 2016
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
The best thing to do is to hire a Realtor (like me!) that handles rentals. A Realtor will ensure that you get the best possible tenants, by doing a thorough screening process! I also handle all the showings, all the paperwork, and make sure that your interests as a landlord are protected!
Contact me today for more information!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 3, 2016
Wolfman714 answered:
I have no knowledge of Huntington Beach having a mother in law quarters, but Fountain Valley which is nearest neighbor has one
You rent the bonus room and live in the house.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 24, 2016
Blink4321 asked:
I am trying to submit an offer for a client that is going to obtain hard money financing and someone told me to write it up as all cash. I don't feel comfortable doing it that way. Any advice…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 9, 2016
Tom Maloney asked:
I am involved in some litigation and need advice on exchanges as well as real estate transfers between related parties.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 12, 2015
Karen Peyton answered:
Contact an agent in the area where you are thinking to purchase. It's time to crunch numbers!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 17, 2015
Caroline Gerardo Barbeau answered:
Wed Jul 22, 2015
Art Welch answered:
Look up the HOPA rules, the way I read it an adult community is exempt. The fact that a person is in a wheel chair does not give them the right to break the HOPA rules.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 26, 2015
Michael Parker answered:
Right now, even playing the cash game isn't enough to get the greatest deals. A surge of cash investors has driven prices for listed homes up and over asking. If you want to go after "fix and flip" deals you need to be looking at off market properties.

I have a buyers resource set up for this. We aggressively pursue "Most likely to sell" distressed properties. These are homes that are not traditionally listed and sold on the retail level by most firms. In fact about 75% of the deals that work for my investor groups are unlisted properties.

If you want to take a look at what is currently available in this category (listed) here is a link.

Successful investing!
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 19, 2015
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
Are you currently working with a Realtor? If you are, your Realtor should be sending you listings that meet your criteria.
If you are not currently working with a Realtor, I would love to help you out! A duplex is a great investment, because you will receive rental income for 1 unit, while you can enjoy the other unit. What is your target area, and have you set a price range?
Contact me today, and we can get started on making your real estate dreams a reality!

Nicole Fedorchek, Tarbell Realtors
Gold Circle of Excellence
DRE 01920370
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 6, 2015
Alex Montelongo Real Estate Group answered:
Garden Grove prices are much lower than Huntington Beach or Costa Mesa. It would depend on how much you can afford. You may buy a 4 bed 2 bath in GG SFR but only get a 2 bed Condo for the same price in HB. There are some good neighborhoods in GG. It's entirely up to you. Perhaps you should choose a Realtor in the area to take you out one of these days and explain the benefits of each city so that you can make the best informed decision.

All the best,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 21, 2015
Jill Murty answered:
Sun Aug 3, 2014
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
It is possible. Big corporations do it all the time because they fear if the seller realizes how much money the buyer has they will try to increase the price to an unreasonable level. It does raise questions, and I would be suspicious if I were a realtor representing the seller, but it can be done. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 17, 2014
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
Hi Leonard,

How much are you looking to spend for a place? You could look into a duplex or tri plex so a place is always there for you and you can rent out the other 1-2 for about the same price as a home...
I would need more information to help you out. Let me know how else I can help you in your venture for a property.. I have owned rentals for about 30 years now and can help you in the process. Most homes do not have HOA's to be concerned with unless you are looking for a condo.. Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 26, 2014
Kawain Payne answered:
Best to contact a lender who specializing in loan for non U.S. citizens for your answer.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 16, 2014
Michael Fisher answered:
You probably do not need the expense of an attorney to properly complete a 1031 exchange. Just find a qualified Intermediary company. You can find them by a quick internet search for 1031 Qualified Intermediary or contact you accountant/tax advisor for Intermediaries they have used in the past. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 27, 2014
Larry Webb, Ph.D., MBA answered:
Hi Cedric, I know this post is a bit old, but if you'd like an update on 92867 (Serrano Heights area) I am a specialist there and still hold the record for the highest sale price back to 2005. I'd be happy to help you find a home there - it is a great community! My contact info is below:

Larry Webb, Ph.D., MBA
Broker Associate/Agent – REALTOR®
(714) 222-1465
Century 21 Award - Fine Homes & Estates
Orange County, California
Video Biography:
See my professional recommendations on
CalBRE Real Estate Broker’s License: 01413405
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice