Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

In My Neighborhood in California : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info96
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling180
  • Market Conditions51

Activity 1,215
Thu Aug 31, 2017
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
Its best to check the zoning for this particular parcel. Start with the County website, you should be able to find the information there!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 24, 2017
Greg Moore answered:
I recommend CA Realty Training...

- Partnered with Keller Williams so you already have a foot in the door when it comes to joining a brokerage
- 23 in-class training locations across California (3 month program) taught by current Keller Williams agents
- Offer a live state exam crash course
- Can finish in as little as 54 days on their user friendly online system
- Offer videos of their in-class training
- Will help you all the way through to your test date and will even set up an interview for you with any Keller Williams office
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 12, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Either call your homeowners insurance company to file a claim and give you money to fix it or use your savings to fix it. There is nothing anybody can do online to help you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 5, 2017
Jrogers1.jr5 asked:
Sat Aug 5, 2017
Jgb3514 asked:
Fri Aug 4, 2017
Laurie Bush answered:
I personally think that the city has a lot to do with this. They've allowed low income families to move here from larger cities. They've even advertised. I'm not saying that all low income people are bad people. BUT! most low income people are depending on some type of aid. They are not looking for work or can only get minimum wage jobs. Regarding the crime. As long as drugs run rampant, you will see higher crime. One feeds off of the other. No one wants to be accountable. Law enforcement isn't perfect but their hands are tied due to some measures that were passed recently making it a misdemeanor to have drugs in your home. Unless they can prove who the drugs belong to, the bad guy is given a citation. Ridiculous!!!!
There needs to be stronger, harder consequences for any violation where drugs are concerned. We need more rehabilitation here, locally. It's a huge problem and until we have stricter stronger rules and consequences it's only going to get worse. It still starts at home!!!!!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 30, 2017
Hello Staceyoy19, These links may assist you with crime statistics:

If you have a child or children in school theses links should have the answers to any questions you may have on schools:

You should study RENT vs BUY listings to compare payments. You may qualify to buy with minimal our of pocket expenses with down payment and closing cost assistance programs and pay about the same as rent payment.

The rentals in Santa Fe Springs start from $1,380 for 1bd 1ba apt and the single family homes start from $2,800 for 3bd 2ba home. The purchase start from 335k for 2bd 1.5ba condo and up.

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve and you can be emailed listings to fit your search criteria.

Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
Credit Repair Advice At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 26, 2017
Janetcpa asked:
I can not seem to dectivate
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 23, 2017
Jenna Cox answered:
Thanks for asking! This helps me immensely! I am also looking to do some urban farming and there are a few empty lots near me that I'm interested in. Going to head down to the records office soon! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 6, 2017
North Coast Financial provides fix and flip loans in California and has over 35 years of hard money lending experience. Financing of up to 75% of the purchase and up to 75% of the rehab costs is available. ... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 21, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
I would suggest that you work with a local realtor to assist you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 19, 2017
NANCY asked:
Tue Jun 13, 2017
waddell3 asked:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice