Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Wisconsin : Real Estate Advice

  • All189
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying107
  • Home Selling25
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 29
Thu Jan 19, 2017
Robert Edwards asked:
Tue Nov 22, 2016
Maricris A answered:

The photos have been removed from our display as you requested.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 13, 2016
Jarrod asked:
How can I make a saved search load the price constraint as well when I click on it?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 2, 2016
Smgoel_adv answered:
Copy of Personal Accident Insurance Policy of Surinder Mohan Goel ICICI Lombard
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 2, 2016
Janewiede asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 5, 2015
Arschumacher03 asked:
Sun Oct 4, 2015
Amelia Robinette answered:
Contact the company that handled your settlement/closing when you purchased the home.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 8, 2015
Stran1126 asked:
Tue Mar 17, 2015
icharles14 asked:
Tue Mar 18, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
You do what every successful business owner does.
Define your business
Define your customer
Create VALUE.

Those who need such services already have someone with a truck and trailer who can get the job done. Why in the world would they want to give you a test drive?

When you actually have a VALUE answer to that question, place it in a flyer and start visiting the real estate brokers in your area. (the key is focus on the broker, who will provide access to the agents)

Jay Benson provided an essential clue. Thnk???? what do REALTORS need?
Trash removal
Lot clearing (back yards turn to jungles quickly in Florida)
Handy man work
Maintaining curb appeal.

Now....think REALLY hard about this. What if you offered the agent $200 first opportunity to clean out / remove everything from a house? Before you reject that idea...give it REAL thought. The agents reading this will be and they will immediately recognize the value this really brings to them (not $200). Hopefully you see how your value has displacement potential at the earliest opportunity.

Best of success.
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 18, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
For accurate information contact your local planning and zoning department...
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Debbie Meeks answered:
I am a local resident of Richfield for 35+ years. I am also a full time realtor. I would love to answer any questions people have about this area.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Anita Duray answered:
Anita Duray, ABR, CEPE RE/MAX Unique Sales. Covering South Central Wisconsin. Your recreational or primary residence. call or email ( or visit my website at ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 9, 2011
Shane Milne answered:
You could use a rehab/model mortgage like FHA's 203(k) or Fannie Mae's HomeStyle Renovation loan program. Generally they will use the purchase price + cost of improvements as the basis for your down payment percentage, so you can finance most of the improvements/rehab costs into the new loan.

Info on FHA's 203(k) rehab loan:
Fannie Mae's HomeStyle Renovation loan program is similar, but not as many lenders offer it.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 3, 2011
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Be careful and check with your state on what you need to do. Here is an example of what happens in Ohio.

MATTHEW FAIRFIELD, Cleveland, Ohio, was found by the Commission to have violated
Revised Code 4735.02, unlicensed activity, and was assessed a civil penalty in the amount of
$384,000.00. The Commission found that Matthew Fairfield, when for another, for a fee,
commission, or other valuable compensation or the expectation of a fee, commission, or other
compensation; rented, or leased or negotiated the rental or lease of real estate; managed or
offered, or attempted to operate or manage real estate; held himself out as engaged in the
selling, exchanging, purchasing, renting, or leasing of real estate without first being licensed
under Revised Code Chapter 4735.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 2, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
You need to contact the county tax office for instructions to file an appeal

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 17, 2010
Butta1980 asked:
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
Look, don't worry about finding the owners.

I'll tell you how in a moment, but that's not what you ought to be doing.

What you do want to do is to contest the erroneous information on your credit report. Your credit report should have come with instructions on how to contest inaccurate or erroneous information. Identify those two errors, and notify the credit reporting agency. Leave it to them to verify the facts. If they still insist that you lived there, you can provide other information to dispute that information.

Also, maybe someone else with the same name as yours, or similar, did rent there. It doesn't mean that they were using your information. There are plenty of people around with the same first and last names. It's not at all uncommon for something like that to occur, and for one person's information to be attached to another person's credit report.

Still, if you want to contact the owners, start with the locations. Search online for the tax records in whatever city and state the property is in. Usually the information is online. And almost always, if it is, it'll show who owns the property and the person's address. If that doesn't work, sometimes you can call the tax office. If that doesn't work, call a Realtor in that town or city. He/she may choose not to provide that information to you, but he/she will have access to it.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice