Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Detroit : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info92
  • Home Buying802
  • Home Selling81
  • Market Conditions70

Activity 17
Sat Apr 18, 2015
Alvin Neal answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 30, 2014
Gwendolyn West-Gonzalez answered:
There is many homes in Southeastern Michigan that are available for lease with option to buy. If you are looking in the Detroit Market please contact me at to schedule a meeting with me in my office to discuss your goals, and visit my website at to view these homes. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 15, 2014
Delores Goodson answered:
Tue May 20, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
You bet!
REALTORS who help others buy and sell dozens of home every year have the local knowledge and professional experience to write a winning bid.

Now, all that is missing is a buyers who will listen to their REALTOR.

If you are serious, pick up the phone and call a Detroit REALTOR. Ask them how many HUD homes they were successful in purchasing. Then commit to that REALTOR. REALTORS have better things to do with their time than work with those who will not commit.

What you are asking is what REALTORS do to keep food on the table.

Best of success.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Charlene Johnson answered:
Good Evening Ms. Turner,

There are a number of reasons a home may sit vacant for a number of years. If you send me the address I will let you know the status of the home. It sounds as if you may be interested in purchasing it, so allow me to assist you, give me a call or email me the address. My information is below

Thank you,

Charlene Johnson, Realtor
Conquest Real Estate Group
16250 Northland Drive, Suite 202
Southfield, MI 48075
(248) 569-1486 - Office
(248) 595-8966 - Fax
(313) 574-7633 - Cell
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Guy Gailliard answered:
You can also look up the tax records for the address and see who the owner is. You can go to the wayne county website and look it up.

Best Regards,

Guy Gailliard
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Call the local property tax authority and ask them. The information is public record and they have to give it to you. There should also be an address where they send the property tax bill, so the owners should be receiving mail at that address if the taxes are being paid, and probably even if they are NOT paying the property taxes. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 8, 2012
Rosemary Anger, MCAT answered:
You're not gonna like the answer...but try 15 years and an expensive real estate attorney and a trip through Circuit Court.. You also have to assume all liabilities associated with the property and pray that in year 14.9999 the real owner doesn't evict you.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Reema Sharma answered:
get a job under a forclosure cleanout Company for a month or two. See how it works for yourself. you will get educated, save time, and money.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 18, 2011
Karen Paytas answered:

Try : for section 8

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 8, 2011
Ty asked:
Thu Aug 18, 2011
Karen Paytas answered:
We can check by the address if it's been listed in the MLS or we can check the City site to check ownership.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 14, 2010
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Red I don't have a price because I don't do that stuff.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 1, 2009
Zola answered:
You must give him a 30 Day Notice to Vacate. You pick up the form from the 36 District Courts in downtown Detroit.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Ed & Cindy Knight answered:
Nao check to see if they are still in business you can check the link below for the state of Michigan. Scroll down to check a license.

But I agree with JR let them know you are not happy with their service. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 18, 2008
David Chamberlain answered:
The first thing you should do is get pre-approved, contact a nortgage broker one of these agents should have one.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice