Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Tinton Falls : Real Estate Advice

  • All42
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling10
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Wed Jul 29, 2015
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
What does your seller's disclosure ask? Many will ask if the home has ever been treated for something, or had remediation for something.

When in doubt, it's always good to disclose - and provide paperwork for any work that was done.

What us your agent advising you to do?.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 29, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Your contract should contain dates by which the work is to be done of the funds are turned over to you to accomplish the task. If they weren't shame on whoever drew up the contract. Any contract needs to contain a what, where, when and what if it doesn't happen as anticipated clause. Read your agreement, talk to whoever drew it up and explore your options. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 15, 2015
Nancy Leavitt answered:
Hi there,

Whenever you have questions like this I always feel it is better to go directly to the source to get the best possible answer. Call your local office and ask to speak with the code official. They can answer all of your questions from the best perspective.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 22, 2014
Myersjulie31 answered:
I've always really liked how recessed lighting looks, just because it makes the lighting look more natural. I would think that the price would depend on first, who you get to install them, and then secondly what kind of lights to use. Since replacing lights in recessed lighting can be difficult I would suggest using LED lighting so that they last longer! ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed May 8, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
3-4 years is a long time. If you have a need for it while you are there then by all means replace it. Fencing is unique in that it can and in some cases does not add value. It does add to desire by the buyer. No fence is better than a rotten fence unless a fence is required due to a pool , kids or pets. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Joan Congilose answered:
The best realtor to choose to market your home will be the Realtor that will be proactive in marketing your home and actively seek buyers for your home to get you the highest and best price. You also want to choose an office that is busy. I take a proactive approach and my listings sell. In the past 30 days my office has taken 95 new listings, 85 homes have gone under contract and 49 homes have closed. I'd love to add your home to our list. of satisfied customers. Feel free to call me!

Joan Congilose CRS,GRI,CDPE, e-Pro
Broker/ Sales Associate
RE/MAX Central Manalapan
Office (732) 972-1000 ext:364
Cell (732) 232-5277
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 18, 2010
Jeanne Feenick answered:
If the listing broker agrees, be sure that the release is "unconditional". That way should you choose to list again you can do it without running the risk of owing two brokers commission, that would be an "ugh!"

If they refuse to cancel, the good news is that December will soon be here.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat May 9, 2009
Claudia Marquardt answered:
The "Exit Tax" is not a special or additional tax. NJ Law requires that non-resident individuals who sell or transfer real property located in New Jersey make a NJ Gross Income Tax estimated tax payment on the gain as a condition of the recording of the deed.

Many New Jersey residents selling their homes and moving permanently out of state were utilizing the GIT/REP3 (Resident) form, based on the assumption they would be filing New Jersey income taxes for that tax year and would pay the taxes (if any) on the sale of the property at that time. As of July 2007, they can no longer do so. The state Division of Taxation has "amended" their position that, in order to utilize the Resident form, the seller MUST be moving to a New Jersey address as of the date of deed transfer, or they must use the Non-Resident (GIT/REP1) form, thereby requiring them to pay the minimum 2% of the deed consideration directly to the state.

The tax payment is determined by multiplying the gain on the sale by the top NJ tax rate of 8.97%. The payment cannot be less than 2% of the "consideration" received - or gross proceeds from the sale.

A resident taxpayer who will file a NJ-1040 for the year is exempt from making the estimated tax payment.

This is not an "exit tax", but an estimated tax payment. The purpose is to make sure that the non-resident individual files a Form NR-1040 to report the sale and pay tax on the gain. Because the required estimated Tax payment is made at the highest tax rate, the individual should receive and be entitled to a refund on the NJ-1040.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 19, 2008
Purnima Talwar answered:
Please let me know what kind of a home do you have and the age of the home. I have two properties under contract currently in Tinton falls and I have some mor buyer for the area. The inventory is very low in Tinton falls and if the home is in good condition and is priced right it sells very quickly.
Call me or Email me
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice