Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Ocean : Real Estate Advice

  • All18
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 2
Tue Nov 30, 2010
David Dorfman answered:
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 2, 2008
Victor Kaminski answered:
These types of agencies usually have slight variations in their niche however it's usually common that they will put your home in the mls and you must do everything else yourself to market it or take it to closing if an offer comes in. You should also offer a percentage to get a buyers agent to show it or listing is useless anyway.

You can only be the listing agency if the property is listed at the agency where your license is. If you are a referral ageny, under no circumstances can you be the listing agent because your contract probably stipulates that you will ONLY operate in the capacity of giving referrals.

Do you pay for Errors and Ommissions insurance? If not then it is not likely you can work with clients, if you can, your agency is taking on a huge liability.

Good Luck

Victor Kaminski
Broker of Record
Marivic GMAC Real Estate
2056A Lincoln Hwy. (Rt.27)
Edison, NJ 08817-3330
Office: 732-650-9911 Ext.302
Cellular: 908-884-5757
Toll Free: 1-866-745-GMAC(4622) Ext.302
(Monmouth/Ocean MLS)
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Search Advice