Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Newtown : Real Estate Advice

  • All64
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying19
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 7
Thu Mar 31, 2016
Lydia Fichera asked:
Home is 33 years old, in good condition but kitchen and bathrooms are dated. Original builders grade trim work, doors and hardware . Some rooms need painting to freshen up...all neutral…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 31, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site. ... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 30, 2014
Andrew Peterson asked:
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Anna Domzalski answered:
I do alot of open huses in Newtown and Yardley. The house should be advertised in the paper, zillow, trulia, realtor by Wednesday. Depending on the community there may be rules on signage. I usually put them out by 10am the day of. But a rider sign is placed at the house by Wednesday so people and neighbors that usually drive by will see it. I usually put Balloons out when the open house starts and then take them down when it ends. Most open houses go from 1-3 or 1-4 so if they don't put a time on it, most people would know. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Anna Domzalski answered:
Anyone can call themselves a short sale specialist. You need to ask your realtor, what makes them a specialist have they done any deals, written books, taken classes. In regards to a short sale you are going to want to have at least two people as part of the team your lawyer and then your Realtor. Hopefully your Realtor has a team behind him or her as well that can assist. Short sales take time, can be upsetting and are draining. Make sure you are working with someone your comfortable with and can trust. More importantly have a separate lawyer to advise you as well. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 26, 2011
Spirit Messingham answered:
99% of agents will not be licensed for both. You are free to do whatever you want of course, but probably be in your best interest to use an agent or Realtor that works and specalizes just in one city, so then you would use two. For example, I am licensed for the entire state of Arizona, however I am only a member of MLS for Tucson. I have had some referrals for clients in Phoenix, but I dont work it, dont konw the market and would actually be doing them a disservice if I tried to. So I refer them to an agent that does know.

Just my opinion, and they do tend to vary from person to person. Best of luck.
... more
1 vote 48 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 26, 2011
Kim Rock answered:
SH426 - Have you found someone to list your home for you? How is it going?
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Newtown Zip Codes