Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Ownership in Los Angeles County : Real Estate Advice

  • All511
  • Local Info30
  • Home Buying265
  • Home Selling32
  • Market Conditions12

Activity 37
Fri Oct 6, 2017
Faith T answered:

The data you reported is coming from your county records, because of this I am unable to edit or remove the information. This data is gathered by a third-party data collector and only updates on Trulia when discrepancies are identified at the next data collection cycle. Unfortunately, we are unable to expedite this process.

That said, you have the ability to edit your home facts that appear in the Owner Information section. This includes editing the number of bedrooms/bathrooms, square footage, home features, description and more.

Please know the 'Edit Home Facts' feature is currently removed from all property pages. While we do not have a time frame for when this will be restored, I can assure you this is only temporary.

However, if you are intending to sell your home, you (or your agent if you choose to use one) will have the ability to create a new listing with new information. The new listing will override the off market property page with the incorrect information. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Our best recommendation is to check with the county to ensure the information is correct at the source.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 5, 2017
Audiodin asked:
Sat Sep 2, 2017
Unspecified answered:
Can I put a metal storage container on the side of my house up against the wall in between my house and property next to me
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 28, 2017
lara8lexa asked:
38 residential unit it being built directly next to my home w/ a 74 car garage. area has recently undergone an increase in commerce & walkable shops
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 19, 2017
Lanaya Herr asked:
i stupidly had the titie put her name. if does't
ishe does't full the amount owed, what r my rights
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 26, 2017
John Nolte asked:
Thu May 25, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
CA has automatic and declared homestead exemptions to protect a person or family’s residence from certain types of creditors. The homeowner does not have to record any documents to receive “automatic” protection. There are some benefits to recording a "declared" homestead exemption. The topic is beyond the scope of internet advice, but you could ask your Realtor to provide you with an article from CAR about California homestead exemptions.
Hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 25, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
Any change in title could affect a future sale with respect to providing seller's title insurance to a future buyer. Sometimes title insurance companies will require an affidavit from the previous parties on title even if they have already signed a quitclaim. I would recommend that you talk to your current title insurance provider. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 22, 2017
Dee Woo asked:
I just bought a house and I need to delete the photos for security purposes. How do I do that?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 8, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Unfortunately an attorney is your best bet. Perhaps you can arrange some kind of fees and payment options with your attorney.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 13, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Currently, we do not have a tool for the consumers to remove their home photos by themselves. Please provide your complete property address and I will be able to assist. You may also send your request together with your complete address via the link below.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 24, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Unfortunately you made a huge mistake. You will need to sweeten the deal now. Try bribery - offer this person some green cash & convince him/her to sign the quit claim deed. If that does'nt work, you will need to pay a lawyer. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 4, 2016
Pinkjelly1234 asked:
My husband wants to remove his name on the title/deed for future medical bills he's encountered. He wants to take care of his bills himself and want to protect our house.
Both of…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 4, 2016
Pinkjelly1234 answered:
In addition, I see that I can download a quit claim deed online for free. Do I just need to print that out and then what should I do and where should I go file?
This is Los Angeles area.
Please help me...

and how long does it take to be effective?

Thank you...
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 26, 2016
Susie Kay answered:
I would suggest that you pick up the phone and ask your insurance.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 14, 2016
Rich Reed answered:
Wed May 18, 2016
Hello Lynne, you would have to go back to the site that you listed it on. Trulia does not allow FSBO but their Zillow site does. Some sites like Trulia get the information flow from other sites and can not be changed here.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA or CalVet loan specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 21, 2016
Ricksiegel asked:
Hi, My name is Rick Siegel. I own the house at 3379 Tareco Drive, Los Angeles, CA, and have since August 2001. Your site says that my home is going to be auctioned because of foreclosure…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 8, 2015
Puppyluv asked:
I had a septic guy who came and checked out our septic system and pumped it. Now, my real estate agent is asking for a septic certificate to close escrow. I can have the company who did…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice