Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Orlando : Real Estate Advice

  • All3K
  • Local Info298
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling80
  • Market Conditions94

Activity 13
Tue Nov 22, 2016
Atxaviermartin answered:
I guess you would need to pay PMI on your FHA Mortgage unless you refinance the loan. You can go for conventional loans or VA Home Loans as they don't come with PMI.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 11, 2016
Alan May answered:
I don't know what's common in your area. While aluminum wiring isn't common in our area, it does exist, and while copper wiring is generally considered to be better... I'm not sure there's any real consensus that says that aluminum wiring (in and of itself) is a fire hazard.

My understanding is that the "connectors" are the weak link, and they may need to be replaced.

Here's a resource that might help:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 6, 2015
VA Mortgage Hub answered:
If your meet the qualifying standards in place, there really is no issue with applying. VA ( like all programs) have certain guidelines. Probably always best to work with someone that specializes in this program. Some good info in the provided web reference link below, please contact us if we can help.

VA Mortgage Hub
Florida's VA Loans - 7 days a week
Ph: 904-385-3988
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 27, 2015
Natsue Siqueira answered:
Ola Fernando. Me chamo Natsue Siqueira. Sou corretor em Orlando, FL. Sou brasileiro e falo portugues. Se precisar, pode me ligar, 407-722-0850. Tambem tenho telefones no Brasil. Obrigado e aguardo o seu contato. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 11, 2014
J.y. answered:
Hi Nikko!
I am a home owner too. I spent several months researching home insurance. I found Stephen Toth at Allstate Insurance very competent and prices very reasonable. You can reach Stephen at 407-290-5000
No harm giving Stephen a tingle.
Kind regards/J.Y.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Donald Stevens answered:
Two words, "Liability Exposure". If you can afford to take the risk of repairing the interior then maybe you dont want to buy insurance for 25-50,000 of coverage for the interior of the building. However a $250 premium a year sounds like a small amount of money to cover $25,000 in damage. If the $250 in premium sounds high then you should definitely buy the insurance because the risk of not having it is way greater. The more important concern is the $1,000,000 lawsuit you could find yourself in if someone gets hurt on your property. Even banks carry insurance on their properties because transferring the risk is less expensive than retaining the risk. We know because we insure them. ... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Donald Stevens answered:
Where are the condo's located? In the US each state has different insurance companies, requirements, and agents.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Mark LeMenager answered:
Shop around, rates are changing all the time. Do be careful not to under insure the property. If you insure a property for $100,000 when it's replacement cost is really $200,000, then you could find yourself paying 50% of the cost of a really big claim. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Ornelas answered:
A house insurance, for the address: 2039 Windcrest Lake Circle, Orlando FL 32824. How much will I have to pay yearly to have the house insurance? Aprox cost of the tax.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 4, 2012
Roland Vinyard answered:
I'd want to know something of the geology under the home first. For a sinkhole, it must first be on top of limestone. But there are different varieties of limestone and some are more prone than others. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 11, 2011
Bob McMaster answered:
Which homes are you referring to? The taxes are posted on the County Property Appriaser website but keep in mind that it is for last year and the Amendment 10, Save Our Homes is a percentage cap applied to exsisting home owners to keep the taxes from increasing to much too quickly. Upon a sale transaction the taxable value will be reset to the sale price. This may result in an increase. Fell free to contact me to discuss. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 29, 2010
Jorge Pomales answered:
M R,

In order to make sure you get a reputable company you should check the rating under Demotech or AM Best. Definitely get several quotes from A rated companies. Price will vary depending on coverage amount, construction type and building age. I'm a local Insurance agent with over 10 years experience and I represent several reputable insurance carriers. I would like the opportunity to have you as another satisfied customer. My office number (407)657-8004 or email;

Jorge Pomales
Insurance Agent
Jorge Pomales Agency and Financial Services
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice