Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Fort Lauderdale : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info110
  • Home Buying496
  • Home Selling43
  • Market Conditions58

Activity 7
Mon Aug 12, 2013
Maria Sabio answered:
hi Mark,

Check out this site for assistance in finding affordable insurance:

You can also read this article:

Thank you,
Maria Sabio
Chane Realty Inc
954-336-5156 [C]
888-440-0589 [F]
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed May 22, 2013
Barbara Easton-Irvin answered:
Hopefully, you have an HO6 policy which is required in most multi-family communities that covers damage to the inside of the units. You own the water heater not the HOA so I would assume that it is your responsible for any replacement, repair or damage caused by your water heater. Good Luck. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 18, 2013
John Bourassa answered:

I agree with Tim. $12,000 a year for a total homeowner insurance sounds excessive but maybe not for properties worth millions. Everything is relative to the cost replacement based on the value of your house and it.s contents. Say you have a newly built house over 3,000 sq. ft. with a $75K kitchen, marble flooring throughout, masterbathroom Worth $50K and what not plus you have about $100K + in furniture and electronics and another $100K + in artwork, than you would want to take premiums that would cover for those expensive losses; thus higher premium

The best way to find out about insurance in SE FLorida would be to call reputable insurance agents who could give you an idea of costs based on a home or condo value that you are planning to purchase and what would be your contents.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Chad Gray answered:

Beate is correct, the Broward County Property Appraiser website is the best choice for locating property tax information for homes located in Broward county.

Here are instructions on locating property tax information on the website that might be helpful:

1. Visit

2. Select "Property Search" on the top navigation bar, located in the upper left of the website

3. Select "Address"

4. Enter the address of the property you are interested in learning the property tax information. Be sure to only enter the information requested for each field. This can be a bit tricky!

5. If you are interested in seeing the property tax information for neighboring homes, you can select "Next" or "Previous".

If you are looking at homes for sale, another option is to search for available real estate on our site ( There is a section titled "Features" that includes property tax information, among other useful details.

Let me know if you have questions!

Chad Gray, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 27, 2011
garypuntman answered:
I think that the cost will differ depending on the area and how much your home costs. You should do some research and see what different companies would charge you. You want to look into different policies and coverage as well. ... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 16, 2010
Alex Jakubanis answered:
Master Condo Association policy often cover the structure out side shell. As for any interior known as Additions & Alterations this is why you should have your own seprate policy. Also you will want to have liability protection, Personal Property & loss accessment coverages, Loss of use would be of value at the tim of a loss also.

We have found that lately many mortgage & escrow is requiring this coverage before the close of escrow.

We have some real competitive rates if you would like us to shop you a rate.

888-581-2128 CA DOI LIC#0589634
Rancho SImi Insurance Agency
1611 Los Angeles Ave 93065
... more
1 vote 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice