Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance : Nationwide Real Estate Advice

  • All692K
  • Local Info58K
  • Home Buying254K
  • Home Selling41K
  • Market Conditions26K

Activity 1,286
Mon Oct 24, 2016
Chanel answered:
There are a couple of factors that would affect the cost.
Replacement cost of the home which is determined by the type of building materials used to build the house, territory or zip code, your insurance history such as insurance score and claims history if any, and a few other factors depending on the company. Its always best to get a couple quotes and compare not just rates but also coverage. Some policies are broad form and some are special which are very different contracts. You really need to get some quotes from insurance agents and compare them. Its a bit of work but hopefully the company you get insured with is the one you keep for a while. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 22, 2016
Marlene_rodriguez asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 22, 2016
Dannordin134 asked:
28 old point avenue , madison , maine
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 14, 2016
Unityjeffery asked:
The value in our potential home is in the land, but the lender needs it insured for the full cost of the loan (which is more than replacement cost)
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 10, 2016
Lisa.blackwell asked:
Sat Oct 8, 2016
Anthony Oliverio asked:
Wed Oct 5, 2016
Joan Moskal asked:
Tue Oct 4, 2016
Vito Boscaino answered:
The Condo Association is responsible for the property coverages for the exterior of the structures including wind/hail coverage or riders. But it never hurts to ask your Condo Association to provide you with copies of their policy and associated provisions. As the owner of a unit you should have coverage for your contents and the interior of the unit.

If you need some referrals to good agents in your area I can provide those to you.

If you need any help buying or selling a home or know someone that does, check out our site:

Vito Boscaino
Mobile 614.571.9054
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 29, 2016
Andrew Simmons answered:
It is sat-sun you didn't even know that?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 29, 2016
Jose Rodriguez answered:
You can check the elevation of the property and elevation of the surrounding properties by going to You can also check the FEMA Flood Zone Maps that are available online. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 29, 2016
Adcoles asked:
Mon Sep 26, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
I would start by contacting your present insurance company (for your home and auto) and ask them for a quote. The reason for beginning with them is you may be eligible for a policy discount. Since the property is vacant, they will ask what you intend as future use (income vs. vacation) to give your the appropriate pricing.

From the beginning, fan out, and shop around!

Good luck!
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Sep 25, 2016
Change.bc asked:
Tue Sep 20, 2016
Susie Kay answered:
I would suggest that you ask another insurance company about their coverage. If they are all the same across the board, that they won't pay for architect etc, then you know that's what you get. As far as the cost for the service of an architect and other experts then I would suggest that you pick up the phone and ask how much their fees are. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice