Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Carson City : Real Estate Advice

  • All71
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying20
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 19
Thu Feb 2, 2017
Kabaker17 asked:
Mon Dec 21, 2015
Andylewis1977 answered:
I bought home with housing authority, provides tax credit equal to 20% of mortgage interest (no limit) on loans $225,000 or above & No asset limits for home buyers. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 19, 2015
Andylewis1977 answered:
Yes. I am planning to buy a home in Nevada with Home buying authority. They provide low down payment & low mortgage rate to support rural community. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 18, 2015
Andylewis1977 answered:
Did you check with FHA loan options ? Or you may also go with some home buying authority options. These will help you to buy home with low down payment & low mortgage options.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 10, 2015
Jayrogers1306 answered:
Current average cost per square foot of home is $144. But it may varied depending on type of home and market scenario.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 26, 2015
Carol.craine asked:
This single family house is 3 bedroom 2 bathroom located at 13 Hillside Way. Can you supply comp information for recent sales?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 7, 2014
Amber Estrada answered:
Hi Marcy,
Yes this property is still available.
If you would like some more information please email me at
or feel free to call 775-600-6667
Thank you
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 13, 2013
Claudia Lee Townsend answered:
Janelle, Chelsea Ct (Chelsea Place) in Carson City is a very desirable area. If I can be of any help please give me a call 775-342-4540
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 13, 2013
Claudia Lee Townsend answered:
It is a waiting period of 4 years. I was a Lender for 27 years, so I have the VA Guidelines. If it is medical and you can prove it, then it is only a waiting period of 4 years. Call if you have anymore questions. There are particular items you want to keep so you can pre-qual easily. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 22, 2013
Kit Weaver answered:
Many people have invested in solar heating in this area, however due high heat in summer and freezing temperatures at night in the winter most systems have been removed. Solar panels to gather energy is now more popular but very seldom used. Millions of dollars have been spent in Nevada to promote geothermal enery but so far it hasn't been self supporting or cost effective.
In the remote areas of Nevada, solar panels and wind turbines are combined with back up generators to provide electricity where it is not avalable.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 21, 2013
Shane Martin answered:
It depends on the Home Owner's Association. It could be monthly, quarterly, or annually. If you want me to look up the HOA fees for a particular listing, please call me at 775-721-2135 or e-mail me at


Shane Martin, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Select Real Estate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 28, 2013
Lyne: Real Estate is a Service Industry and you want someone who will be by your side throughout the process. This may be the largest investment you will make in your life so it makes good sense to have a partner who will work WITH you until the process is complete. Someone who attends inspections with you and lender visits as well as Escrow signing and closing. All Realtors have several lenders, inspectors, escrow company's for you to choose from. If you want a Home Path lender go to a lender who works with Home Path. Be sure to investigate the Lender Fee's as some will charge you more than others, like with larger Real Estate Firms and transactions fees etc. so you want to ask for Lending fees, escrow fees as well as if your Realtor assists you with the entire process. I prefer lenders as well as escrow company's that don't have a bunch of small fees that can be avoided. If you are going for a loan and it appears you are, then choose a Lender who will give the attention to your file as not to delay your purchase. When go to a Doctor do you prefer a specialist ? So it is with an Agents vs. Brokers. There are a litany of laws protecting consumers that a Broker must be keening aware of,,either way you want someone who is reachable and at your service.. I have been doing Real Estate since 1973 as an Agent and Broker and would like to be of service to you. Simply give me a call. Thank You ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Christina Hayes answered:
Do you know why your score is so low? Do you have a minimum of two revolving accounts? You may need to open a secured visa, I recommend one with Capital One and one with US Bank as they both report the accounts as un-secured to the credit bureaus. If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact me. We help improve credit scores so you can qualify for a home mortgage. I work closely with many brokers..

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Kimberlymaxwell answered:
pools require alot care due to the frezzing weather from october throught may. If one goes throught the price point of a pool they usually get a spa also, In our area we also get at least 25 up to 75mph winds dust rain snow any mixture there off. So It is costly to begin with. Costly to live with because of care. That not counting the cost to keep it warm and clean and open and close it with a auto. opener. It is the only thing heavy enough to stay on and keep the heat on..

I am Kimberly I taught swim lesson in privat pools in the area for many years. So I got a close up look at some of the private pools in the area. Most of the pools ended up covered some how during the winter months. Either with a Bubble temp cover. Or the built a cover year round for it.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Alex Zujovich answered:
Hello Don,

You would like at least a 3 bedroom single story house with 2 full baths and a 2 car garage. That is the standard.

But if you want to command more rent income, or a sale where achieves buyers competing for your acceptance, consider 4 bedrooms, an open kitchen (that opens to the living room), a split floor plan (master bedroom and bath on one side and guest bedrooms and bath on the other side of the house) expanding the garage to a 3rd car, plus access to R/V parking. These are the extras.

Currently rent in our area for a 3/2/2 nice house and property brings $1000 to $1200 per month depending the home's features, curb appeal, front and backyard landscaping. A 4/2.5/3 would bring $1200 to 1600 per month.

I hope this helps and would be happy to get into more specifics.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Jcmich answered:
What type of properties do you have in San Diego and what are you looking for in Carson City? We own property in Carson City and might be interested in an exchange.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 29, 2011
Laura Feghali answered:
Hello Jason and Tana,
I know that when I'm working with first time home buyers that they welcome my suggestions for mortgage brokers/lenders in the area that my clients have used in the past and have been happy with their service. I see no issues with giving them lender contact information as long as you don't push them into selecting a particular one and allow them to make their own choice.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 30, 2010
Mark Fleysher answered:
Hello Susan,

Unfortunately, this is today's market.

My suggestion if you want a bigger place: rent out your condo and purchase/rent a bigger place.

You could rent out your current condo, and hopefully / likely it will coverage your mortgage, or most of it.

Other option is to short-sell your home, which I may or may not suggest depending on your current financial situation, and where you want to be with your credit for the next 5 years.

I can help with any of your Las Vegas Real Estate needs or questions; feel free to contact me direct. I can help you find the home you seek.



Mark D Fleysher, MBA, Broker, REALTOR
The Jack Conley Realty Group
C. 702-291-8186 F. 702-946-0843
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Carson City Zip Codes