Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Brielle : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Tue Feb 7, 2017
Kaweckijj answered:
I have just completed a new 2000sf four level modern home design on piles being built in Sea Isle area. It's not a typical home, 16 wide by 40 deep, with a projected 2017 cost of around $150 square foot, not including the lot, utilities, architect and engineering costs. Has multiple decks, stucco and wood siding and above average finishes. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Valentina Gabela answered:

The new FEMA maps are being released now. The formula for flood insurance is based on how high your house base flood elevation (bfe) is. Basically bfe is estimated around sea level

If you house needs to be 8 ft high according to FEMA maps and your house is 6 ft high then you pay a premium for each foot under the 8 ft

Flood insurance is usually affordable unless the house is really low. At that point it is sometimes cheaper to raise the house

Go to Go the Find your bfe. Put in your address. See what it is.

If you need help your agent can help you. If you don't have an agent give me a call.
It is tricky.

Valentina gabela
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 7, 2013
Keith Radhuber answered:
Major re-assessments in NJ can be performed in as long as just under 10 year periods. Municipalities make 'multiplier' adjustments to that base assessment to collect needed income.

The market value of a home is based upon the sales of 'like' properties --- in general, those with the same number of bedrooms and baths. What those like properties are taxed may be a consideration among many as to whether or not a Buyer will purchase a particular property, but there is little direct relationship between the town's assessment (whenever that may have been performed), and today's market value. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 7, 2013
Keith Radhuber answered:
A new home in a flood zone will have to be built on pillars. Check FEMA for the prescribed height. A mortgage-holder will require flood insurance to protect it's stake in your home.

Keith R. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Brielle Zip Codes