Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Auburn : Real Estate Advice

  • All49
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 17
Mon Jan 30, 2017
Hello David, you are venting on the wrong avenue as you should be complaining to the BRE, Bureau of Real Estate, where he would have to address your claims or have his license suspended or revoked. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 18, 2017
Davidtravis07 asked:
in co court of appeals...bought 3 houses thru Ted miller...2 for rent since 2012 and 2013 with renters...he has not payed me for what the renters paid him Jan 2016, Feb, Mar... He owes…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 18, 2017
Davidtravis07 asked:
in co court of appeals...bought 3 houses thru Ted miller...2 for rent since 2012 and 2013 with renters...he has not payed me for what the renters paid him Jan 2016, Feb, Mar... He owes…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 21, 2016
Derek Jones answered:
If you are using a property manager they can help you with pricing, if not you can search around for similar units and see what price they are renting for.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 4, 2015
Jennifer Williams-Orozco answered:
Try Joyce Howard with Farmers, this is her specialty. She insured ours when our insurance dropped us because of the new fire lines. Her # is 530 320-5788. Very excellent, very responsive. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 24, 2015
Trevolyn Haines answered:
In many areas it is usually more cost effective to buy an existing home since there are so many variables to building that can effect the final cost. The cost of the lot, any lot improvements including if the utilities are already at the property or if they need to be brought in, the permits, the plans (are you having them designed or buying pre-designed plans) or are you considering a prefab home?, what type of materials are going to be used and that is just for the building itself since many people bust their budgets on the decor items needed such as counter tops (are you going to use a laminate, granite, solid surface, or other more custom material?), appliances (a plain jane stove can start around $300 where a professional range can be $5,000), even faucets can vary wildly in price.

A good compromise maybe for you to consider a new track home.

If you still want to but have never built a home before you would really benefit from using a good and experienced licensed general contractor. This may add around 10% to the cost but it can save your sanity, marriage/relationship, time, and help stay in budget.

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 23, 2014
Teri Andrews-Murch answered:
Your agent should be able to ask for multiple estimated charge sheets for you from the various companies in the area. Title insurance fees are regulated, but the escrow fees are not, so you may see variations there. I have found most of the companies in our area to be competitive and within a reasonable range of each other. Some include every "what if" in their estimate (for example a mobile notary, which you may not use and then wouldn't be charged that fee) Also will depend on your offer terms, are you and Seller splitting title and escrow or is Seller paying 100% owners Title? Then don't forget your lender fees and pre-paid impound account fees, pre-paid HOA fees all add to your closing cost bottom line.

Some Sellers have opened a pre-escrow with a company, quite common if dealing with a trust or probate to verify who has authority to transfer property.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 30, 2014
Teri Andrews-Murch answered:
Which park? Most in our area space rent range $400-700+

Also most require your income needs to be 3x the space rent
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 20, 2013
Teri Andrews-Murch answered:
If you are still looking Metrolist shows 2 more have come up, 113-115 Pleasant St, and 177-179 East Hillcrest
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 6, 2013
Jim Olive answered:
One of the biggest misconceptions in real estate. Using the listing agent will not typically save you any money, it will just put more money in the listing agent's pocket and deprive you of the representation you should have. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Sinead McAllister answered:
Good Morning,
Every title officer I know will require an interspousal deed if the divorce has not been finalized. Your other option would be to take title subject to their spousal interest, but you lender would have to sign off on that...

​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL EMAIL
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Eddie Martini answered:
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Eddie Martini answered:
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Eddie Martini answered:
Is this for Investment purposes or primary residence? Inventory is hard to have a firm grasp on as many forecloser pending properties end up in a Short Sale OR Loan Mod and never make it to auction. If you have not already you will want an experienced agent involved to help you find the REAL OPPORTUNITIES so that your time is spent wisely and success is more likely achieved. Buyers agents are at not cost to you as a Buyer.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Teri Andrews-Murch answered:
Your best bet is to visit the park or contact them directly at the number Ute provided. Sometimes spaces within the park vary in size, but usually there is enough space to park a vehicle and maybe a little bit of garden area in the back. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 21, 2010
Anna Boyd answered:
I personally think companies like Realty Trac should be put out of business. It is so "bait and switch" to get you to sign up for their service and I so so so wish Trulia would not do one piece of business with them! ... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 23, 2009
Patrick Hake answered:
Has the listing agent requested a moving fee from the lender for the seller? Some lenders are offering a small cash payment to sellers who participate in a short sale. I know Wachovia is offering a few thousand dollars to home sellers who remain cooperative throughout the process.

Ultimately, it is the lender who stands to lose the most if the seller scuttles the transaction. Your daughter can move on to another property, the lender is stuck with the house and an uncooperative seller.

As Ute said above, it would be really good idea, if you required the seller to be completely moved out before closing escrow.

If you allow her to stay until after you have closed, you will have lost any leverage you had to get her out.

It may be a good idea to withhold final closing documents or delay funding your loan until she is out, unless the bank agrees to pay her a move out allowance.

Being that you are being represented by the listing agent, it may be tough to implement this strategy. Stay firm. The seller is not the only one who can be stubborn.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Auburn Zip Codes