Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Trenton : Real Estate Advice

  • All100
  • Local Info20
  • Home Buying31
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 33
Tue Jul 26, 2016
Apparently Not Many Care answered:
Here's the issue.

The seller should have to do the inspection, not the buyer.

We need to change the laws and make the homeowner a true partner in selling any home.
2 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 9, 2014
John Westrich answered:
I did not see anyone respond to you. I am hoping that at this point you were able to contact an agent that was able to assist you. If you do need any assistance feel free to reach out to me so that I can get you this information right away.


John Westrich
Terrie O'Connor Realtors
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 21, 2014
Lisa Foster answered:
It all depends on your situation, first question to answer is can I qualify to purchase another home without selling my current home?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 21, 2014
Terry McCarley answered:
Discuss this with your Realtor and also a lender.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 10, 2014
Bob Wilday asked:
You should screen your clients ...I am going to call police because you a a person trying to create fraud about renting one of the properties you had listed
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 22, 2014
Maria Myatovich answered:
I lived in a two family for eight years, than I bought a single family home with the money I was able
to save living in the two family, I still have the two family, both are rentals now, and I continue to see
a profit, when the note is paid off, it will be a extra 1800 per month, minus the property taxes and homeowner, I agree with your fiancé, SORRY
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 14, 2014
Kenneth Verbeyst answered:
Latifa, you should reach out to an agent and tell them which property you are referring to. You can certainly contact listing agent who would then be acting as a disclosed dual agent or you can hire a buyers agent. TYpically the seller pays all agent's fees. You should also get qualified by a lender so you know what you can afford. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Patrick DiMattia answered:
Hello Jeff. I can think of some smaller cities that might fit that bill. Bordentown, Burlington, Haddonfield, to name a few. Prices, taxes and zoning issues will vary widely. If you can establish where you want to be in terms of a total budget and a source of funds, and want to do some exploration, I'd be happy to do that with strings attached, of course.
Stay well!

Pat DiMattia
DiDonato Realty Co Inc
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 29, 2013
Chris Carlino answered:
Please Contact me 609-392-0123 We have Properties for sale throughout the State that have Seller financing.
If we have something in the area you want and you would like to purchase it we can get you into the property with seller financing no banks needed just your attorney the sellers attorney & title work. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Chris Carlino answered:
Hi My name Is Chris Carlino I'm The Broker Owner Of EXIT Blue Water Realty.

I have 28 Years of investing experience in multiple states.
I own over 50 Properties In Trenton myself and Have Multiple dwelling & Single family units available with nice Cap rate returns call me for information.
I will be more then Happy to speak with you and explain how to make the most with spending the least.
I have many Investor you can call who i have bought and sold for if you need recommendations on me.

Direct line 609 392 0227 or email me at
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Andrew Tisellano answered:
Hi you only need 3.5% down to purchase. It is best to speak with a mortgage professional to get approved to purchase.

You can also have the seller pay for your closing costs.

please contact me for a free buyers consultation ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Gina Marie Mazur answered:
Your best bet for finding a property to buy would be to hire a Realtor to work in your best interest. If you do not have an agent, and it seems you may not by your question. You can contact me to help you through the process. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Chris Carlino answered:
Contact Chris or Edith at Trenton's Rental Management 609-392-0123

These guys are very Versed in all these areas
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Annette Lawrence answered:
Your agent will me able to guide you through this process and prepare you for the possible consequences.

Be prepared for more negotiations.

Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Then play fair, hook up tight with a Realtor and let them help, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 5, 2012
Lheian answered:

You can try to contact local investors. You can buy house with no responsibilities to them.

try this website I know : ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 12, 2012
Timbuyer77 asked:
Short sale situation. Seller is using a loss mitigation company to work with the bank. Asked us to sign a form agreeing to pay the loss mitigation company through a buyer's credit…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 8, 2012
Thomas Thrower answered:
In the City of Trenton the Seller is responsible to apply for and pay for the city to come out to do the inspections before closing. Part of the inspection process is to pay for the Roof, Furnace and Chimney inspections by a licensed contractor and also have the city inspect the property. If the seller can not obtain the Certificate of Occupancy, they can sell the property in AS IS condition and the buyer must go down and fill out an affidavit that the buyer will be responsible for repairs of the property within a specified time period.

If you do not do this process, both the buyer and seller could be fined if discovered by the City.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice