Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Tarrytown : Real Estate Advice

  • All36
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 6
Fri Mar 14, 2014
pdonohue answered:
yes the utlilies are included
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 10, 2013
Phyllis Lerner answered:
I have spoken with the agent from our office and the owner was totally on board and felt it would
get people talking, which it did. That's what marketing is all about. Was not meant to offend anyone. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Jennifer Fivelsdal answered:
Are you on a sewer system or is this a septic system? If septic if the tank is not big enough per BOHA specification you have a big problem,
Check with your town to see how to proceed. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Michael Levy answered:
Hi: I can definitely help you in that neighborhood. My specialty is to analyze all the homes in that area that are active, under contract or sold recently & help you find the very best deal that matches your search criteria. I'd be happy to show you how it works, anytime. Best of all, my service will be free for you (the seller will pay me). If you're curious, call me at my office: 914-273-9688. I look forward to speaking soon. Have a great day. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. BTW, we're looking for more agents & offer a 70% commission split with no fees. If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $1,000 each for your agent recruits. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 14, 2008
Steven S. Geiger answered:

As you have been advised before, you should find a buyer's agent who will work in your interest. Take care because there are many pitfalls and you need the proper experts to advise you.

Steve Geiger
Associate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence
914-328-8400 ext 375
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 27, 2008
April Gasparino answered:
Dear Homebuyer in Tarrytown,
It sounds like you have a mixed use zoned building. In this day and age of zoning in towns, it is very difficult to garner a mixed use variance. I stronly suggest that you check with the building department to find out if this house is "grandfathered in", because if it is and you change it to a full residential home, you may loose your mixed use zoning and this might significantly lower the resale value of this building. You also might be able to temporarily convert to a residential unit without changing the zoning, in that case your taxes would remain the same. Please make sure to acquire all necessary permits and C of O's. Banks and Title companies are very hesitant to give financing on structures with open permits and questionable improvements, which could affect whether or not a buyer can purchase and obtain funds.
I would ask the people in the building department for recommendations of attorneys. They work with them all the time, and they would know which attorney understands all their local laws and zoning codes.

Good Luck,
April Gasparino, ABR, CBR, e-Pro, GRI, SRES
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker
Rye, NY
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Tarrytown Zip Codes