Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Southington : Real Estate Advice

  • All23
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 8
Wed May 25, 2016
MCM_STL answered:
Your rental payment doesn't mean much. You can absolutely apply for a loan on your own. You'll just have to qualify for it with only your income. His can't be added in if he's not a borrower. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 19, 2015
Ingrid Pierce asked:
Another mobile/manufactured home appears and 15 Jensen Court only comes up when the address is keyed in specifically. That does not help promote the listing. Can you help remedy this. My…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 19, 2014
Sandra Wieczorek answered:
There are numerous ways to find yourself a Top agent in your community. You can start your search by asking friends, family, neigbors if they know any agents personally. You can check out the agents they recommend by viewing their web sites, or calling them and talking with them. You can call the office manager and ask questions about the particular agent you had in mind. I personally do Free consultations, so you can call your list of agents and ask to meet with them to ask them questions. If you are looking for a specific type, such as an agent who specializes in Luxury homes, or Condominiums for example, you can ask them how many they have sold in the past years and get their track record. Agents are able to get this data from MLS, which keeps the sales records for all agents. An interview is an excellent way to choose your agent. Good luck, hope this brief answer helps you out. By the way, I am happy to help you, and I rank in the Top 7% of all Berkshire Hathaway agents in the network across the nation. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 19, 2014
Sandra Wieczorek answered:
It is my understanding that the following applies, you pull a permit, or your contractor pulls a permit for work to be done on your home. It could be for a roof, new windows, bath or kitchen renovation, or even a Radon mitigation system. For a pool, the pool company has to have the installation checked, but it is up to the home owner to call for the Final pool inspection. Once a permit is in place and once the work is completed it is the home owner's responsibility to contact the town's inspector to obtain a Certificate of Compliance, meaning that the work was done correctly and inspected by the town's inspector. Hope this helps to answer your question. I would speak to my insurance company on the home owner's insurance question. When contracting for a job to be done, ask the contractor if the Permits are obtained thru him, or if you, the homeowner will be responsible. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Al Monbaron answered:
Unfortunately, that property is sold. Let us know if there are any other properties that interest you or if you have any additional questions.

Thanks and have a great day! Al

Al Monbaron
Baron Realty Group, LLC
97 N. Main Street, Ste 201
Southington, CT 06489
(860) 628-0007
Licensed CT Broker
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Allan Erps answered:
Sounds far fetched and you since you are not aware I would fight it. Is the lease notarized?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 8, 2010
Lillian Polak answered:
Hello Sheila, you should ask your lender, but if both units were sold together (duplex) and not individual you may go FHA, but not as one single unit.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Southington Zip Codes