Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Irvine : Real Estate Advice

  • All418
  • Local Info27
  • Home Buying189
  • Home Selling15
  • Market Conditions12

Activity 258
Sat Sep 23, 2017
Sarah answered:
The seller's agent should have kicked in a part of his/her commission to cover the appliances. I mean they do make about 3%. I had an agent that did that on a similar issue and we closed with no issues. He did earn his commission. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 22, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Chances you won't get your money back even if they find another buyer. In the future I would suggest that you hire a realtor to assist you. It's at no cost to you and she/he can help for example in situation like this! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 16, 2017
Shutchings answered:
A townhouse is defined by the International Building Code as: "A single family dwelling unit constructed in a group of three or more attached units in which each unit extends from the foundation to roof with open space on at least two sides."

The building code does not define a condominium.
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 13, 2017
George asked:
I don't know who thought the moving images are a smart idea. They're getting me dizzy, and they're small compared to the previous view. Sell the company back to Trulia, because…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 26, 2017
Mike Mitchell answered:
A house is a type of structure and can be owned in a number of ways. A CONDO is a type of OWNERSHIP and does not have to be any particular type of structure. It could be a townhouse, a house, a previous apatrment, a previous multi-family unit, etc. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 19, 2016
I have to ask, why isn't an escrow hold an option? It may be that your title or escrow company will not allow it, which is quite common.
I can not say that you should use Orange Coast Title next time as it is a bit late for that.
I would say that the contractor needs to be a contractor you approve of. That the contractor is paid in full or better yet you hold the cash.
I surprised the lender is allowing it to close, are the repairs minor?
Be sure to understand, in CA it is not Georgia or New York, signing your loan docs does not equal closing the loan here, like it does in say Texas.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 23, 2016
Bazizzle answered:
Buy. Maybe get something a little cheaper so your down payment percentage will be higher. I'd shoot for at least 25%. Then only get a 15 year mortgage. Your house will be paid off no later than 77. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 2, 2016
Bryan_asuncion answered:
You can submit a C.A.R. Form BDRD to demand release of your deposit. I am in the process of filing the form.
1 vote 11 answers Share Flag
Fri May 27, 2016
Marchettiwintips answered:
Hello Sam,

Electronic bidet / toilet seat is a toilet appliance which is not attached (bolted) to the toilet (or floor) but rather rests on the toilet surface (pretty much like a toilet seat). The toilet can function just fine without it. Being an add-on appliance which connects to the existing water supply of a toilet via the addition of a threaded tee pipe adapter, and requires no soldering or other plumbing work, electronic bidet can be easily unplugged and removed, and therefore should be considered a personal property. Would you consider a free standing (not bolted to the kitchen cabinet) espresso maker a personal property?

Having said that there are many different kinds of bidets and it's important to differentiate. Some are porcelain toilets with bidet function which are bolted to the floor, caulked, and require special plumbing. Electronic bidet (aka electronic washlet) is an appliance which isn't attached to the toilet and can be easily removed. I hope this helps to clarify your question.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 16, 2016
Joe.brannon asked:
Does the term "Clearance" mean the Seller is responsible for fix the damaged wood caused by termites ?

A WPA was not signed and the realtor (a single is realtor represents the buyer…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 9, 2016
jim chaddock answered:
Mello Roos taxes are imposed on homeowners within the boundaries of a community facilities district to pay for infrastructure and/or development impact fees that would otherwise be paid for by the developers. Bonds are typically sold by the CFD to finance these costs and the obligations on the bonds are repaid by the CFD taxes. What most people don't know is that there are additional costs associated with CFD taxes that are being paid for with the taxes. Those costs should be detailed in a disclosure that sellers are required to give buyers regarding CFD taxes titled "Notice of Special Tax". That information may also be gleaned from the official statement issued in connection with the relevant CFD bonds. It is difficult to draw any conclusions about whether a potential buyer should buy a particular home subject to CFD taxes because a discount in the purchase price of the home may offset the additional costs of the CFD taxes.

Jim Chaddock, Esq.
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 25, 2016
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
Hi, Daniel-
All real estate dealings have to be in writing and signed by both parties. Sounds like your agent dropped the ball, not the seller's agent. You hired your agent to represent your best interests, and fight for what you want, and they fell short.
Nicole Fedorchek, Tarbell Realtors
Gold Circle of Excellence
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 24, 2016
inna ivchenko answered:
I hope, you was happy with your choice and found a person who provided you with a great service.

In general, be proactive, ask for referrals from your friends or check who you know via your online connections, interview the person, ask about experience, knowledge of the area, and they way they work. If you feel comfortable that you can trust that person~ you got it ! Good luck! ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 24, 2016
inna ivchenko answered:
Yes, it does vary from a lender to a lender. Shop around, talk to few lenders find the one you can trust, check that lender reputation. Also ask your Realtor for recommendations. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 3, 2015
joseph l. diaz answered:
What is available for Veterans ?
0 votes 33 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 19, 2015
We can definitely do this.

I've got several options for Jumbo loans after Short-Sale.

We've been closing many of these all over the US for several years now.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 28, 2015
Nicole Fedorchek answered:
Please visit the website.

University is consistently ranked as a top HS in California.

Nicole Fedorchek, Tarbell Realtors
Gold Circle of Excellence
DRE 01920370
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 28, 2015
Linda Stevens answered:
Many times a seller lists a home with range pricing, so they can assist with the sellers closing costs. If you are asking for no assistance and minimal to zero repairs, the low range may work. If you are looking for the seller to assist with closing costs, they will be looking to the high range of the list price. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice