Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Fayetteville : Real Estate Advice

  • All251
  • Local Info27
  • Home Buying74
  • Home Selling14
  • Market Conditions14

Activity 95
Yesterday at 1:17pm
Guyestate2014 answered:
I was SHOKED that I read this agent Linda Corron state that the HOA dues are "more" than other places she researched. I own a condo in The Crossings off of Morganton Road here in Fayetteville and I pay $200.00 a month for "WHAT" ? A pool and lawn care that's it and the lawn care is not all that. There is a security booth upon entrance but there has NEVER been nobody in it since I acquired this condo 2 years ago. I also own several condo's in Haymount and my HOA dues are 285.00 a month and that includes not only ALL of our utilities, we have a pool, lawn care, and security. I have often wondered what the "GOING" HOA dues are in that area and why they are so high at The Crossings, I was thinking of investing in more property and HOA dues are a big consideration. I thank Ms.Linda Corron for her information she has definitely made my mind up to sale the condo at The Crossing and make a wiser investment with that money. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 2, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
It depends if you are salaried and receive a W2 OR if you are self employed and /or receive a 1099.

If you receive a W2 (you work for an employer full time), then all you need is a letter from the employer stating that you will be working there. After you sign a contract to buy a home, then you need 1 month of paystubs in order to close on your home.

If you work part time / hourly / independent contractor / self employed - then you need 2 years employment in order to qualify for a home loan.

The reason for the differences is with a W2, lenders can verify your employment and income easily. With other types of employment (commssion sales, self employed, hourly, independent contractor, etc.), the income varies and it's difficult for lenders to verify. Lenders will need 2 years tax returns and average 2 years employment to come up with an averae annual income.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 23, 2017 asked:
I was discharged April 2016 and want to do a cash-out refinance on this home I purchased that was foreclosed. Who can I get a mortgage through?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 13, 2016
Jlynch answered:
There is a new rental service that is called Rentberry. Have you looked for a rental there?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 7, 2016
Adana asked:
They get all pissed off and call it the end or act like they are busy when I say that house is more than I want to spend. They don't even want to send the papers to end their relationship…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 21, 2016
Amespinoza1988 asked:
, Home Buyer in Fayetteville, NC
Who do I need a cosigner when my experian score is 621 and my transunion score is 631 ... my sources of income is my son's ssi... I live in North Carolina…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 7, 2016
USMortgageRanger answered:
Thanks for your service to our country from one Veteran to another. You can get a VA home loan today with no money down and excellent rate currently at 3.25% 30 years fixed with an APR of 3.370%. I would be delighted to assist you in making your dream a reality and should you desire my assistance you can contact me via my profile information.

Lowell Sterling
NMLS 968898
Phone 469-347-3572
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 8, 2015
Christopher Fritts answered:
HI Kasandra. Trulia does not accept For Sale by Owner listings. If you list your home with an agent, ask, him/her to put your home on Trulia. Good luck in selling your home!! :)
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 15, 2015
MengChun Alice Wu answered:
Charlotte's Top Neighborhoods Sales in Charlotte, North Carolina - You need to choose the right location and neighborhood if you are buying a house. Read more details from my blog:

1. Highland Creek

2. Myers Park

3. Plaza Midwood

4. Berewick

5. Dilworth

6. Cotswold

... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 10, 2015
Jimmy Payne answered:
No one can predict the future and no one can answer your question honestly. Contact the local EPA office to see what the hazards are of fracking and see if any is being done in the area you are interested in and see if there is any potential risk. Best of luck on your home search. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 28, 2014
Katrina Harvey answered:
A homeowners association (HOA) is a legal entity, with an identity that is more than its homeowner members. Legal entities can be difficult to dissolve. Depending on state laws, a homeowners association (HOA) is usually either a corporation or a nonprofit organization.

Members Must Consent
Because an HOA technically consists of two parts, the legal entity plus its membership, one part usually needs the consent and approval of the other in order to take an extreme action like dissolution.

The first step in dissolving an HOA is to get the consent of every homeowner or member, although some states require less than a unanimous decision. When a homeowner does not vote, it often counts as a vote against dissolution.

HOA Dissolution Rules
After you get the consent of the required number of homeowners, you must address the specifics of closing down the legal entity of your HOA. Many HOAs include terms for dissolution in their documentation, including specific steps and requirements.

Depending on whether the association is a corporation or a nonprofit, the state government also will have certain requirements for shutting it down.

New Deeds May Be Required
The deeds to each homeowner's property may include reference to the HOA. If the HOA no longer exists, the deeds may have to be redrafted and rerecorded. This could involve working with the mortgage lenders for each property. This is often a stumbling block to dissolution, because some owners without serious grievances with the HOA might not want to go through the trouble and expense.

Someone Must Take Over
Your HOA probably owns at least some of the development's property, such as the common areas. If the development is a condominium complex, it most likely owns the entire building.

Title to the HOA-owned portions of the development must usually be transferred to another legal entity when the HOA is dissolved. You might be able to sell them to an investor who is willing to take over maintenance of these areas. Most investors will expect some profit in return.

A Real Estate Lawyer Can Help
The law surrounding dissolving an HOA is complicated. Plus, the facts of each case are unique. This article provides a brief, general introduction to the topic. For more detailed, specific information, please contact a real estate lawyer.

Very respectfully,
Katrina Harvey
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 22, 2014
Donna Clayton Lloyd answered:
I am working on two new listings in this area that are not posted yet but will be soon. One needs a little updating but has great space and yard -- brick with carport. The other has been redone-- top to bottom. What are you looking for?
Feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to let you know when they are online.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Fayetteville Neighborhoods