Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Englewood : Real Estate Advice

  • All57
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 24
Sat Mar 25, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
In pre foreclosure just means they are behind and the foreclosure process ha started. Many times owners cant sell as they owe more than it is worth. You can not make them respond if they dont want to or cant sell. The bank does not own it, so they cant sell it either. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 27, 2017
Belesky answered:
Setting of property corners, determining your boundary lines is best done by a licensed land surveyor. Land surveying is a state profession and is strictly overseen by your state licensing board. Practicing land surveying (setting your own corners) without a license is more than likely a violation of state laws. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 16, 2017
User07631 asked:

My husband and I have decided to look into buying as it seems to be cheaper than renting. We do have some money saved up but would like to explore options that allow us to put…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 6, 2016
Bij202 asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 19, 2016
Lauren Scher answered:
I have several listings in Cross Creek. Follow me on Face book to find out the newest information.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 21, 2014
Craig Williamson answered:
Wed Jul 30, 2014
keikio merritt asked:
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Frank answered:
Hi Clifton Savings Bank can help you finance the project with a Construction Loan

If you own a lot & are looking to build your dream house call me

Francisco Mayol
Mortgage Originator
NMLS # 780734
Cell 1-917-547-9298
Clifton Savings Bank
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 16, 2013
Travis Waller answered:
Land is scare. Fortunately I do have land currently for sale in Teaneck. Contact me about the lot. Best modular company I'm familiar with is Blu Homes. Go to to find out more info and contact me about purchasing my clients land lot that is already zoned for residential in Teaneck. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Mike Young answered:
As a 203k consultant you need to provide a quasi home inspection... it is actually a "203k compliance inspection" that addresses the 35 key elements in the HUD Guideline. A "home inspection" typically recommends other professionals look at things. Example: a home inspector may suggest an engineer look at a crack in the foundation or a roofer look at the roof if there is an issue with it. On the other hand a 203k inspector will required or "specify" repairs and not put it off to another professional. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 3, 2013

With one installment (car payment) you will be okay. The question isn't to pay off or not, the question is what is the monthly on the car payment and what kind of housing payment can you afford. If you find homes you like in the price range provided by your Mortgage Broker, then you are good to go.

Call up a local Mortgage Broker in your area to go over all of your options. You are in a uch better place than many first time home buyers.

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
Ex-Mortgage Broker of more than 10 years

We also have a DIY package.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Travis Waller answered:
This may not be correct. I was under the impression that a school is currently being built at this site. Call me so we can speak. 2017556517.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Travis Waller answered:
Fri Feb 3, 2012
Jeanne Feenick answered:
I have a mixed use property listed for sale in Union, NJ - the professional side was last used as an attorney's office, but you might be able to work with it. Here is a link to the listing detail:

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 30, 2011
Mary Petti answered:

CALL your attorney and expres your concerns, and don't stop calling until you get him to respond. The "flat fee" he quoted you is what you are paying HIM to represent you in the transaction, and therefore he is obligated to listen AND remedy any concerns you have.

However, John hit the nail on the head, there are always other fees invloved in a transastion, above and beyond the fee you pay the attorney to protect your interests in the transaction.

Hiring another attorney will still cost you money, (they don't work for free), probably above and beyond the extra fees that are common costs at a closing so it may not be worth the effort from a financial point of view.

One more note, somewhere along the line, someone (your attorney and/or your Realtor if you have one) should have explained to you all the possible additional closing costs involved in closing on a home, besides just your down payment. Altho they don't always know the exact amounts until right before closing, you should have been told the APPROXIMATE total of those costs so there were no surprises.
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Rmack answered:
Below are two links where you can get more information about different towns in Bergen County. I'd also strongly suggest taking a day trip to the area and spend the day walking the neighborhood, grab some lunch/dinner etc. so you can see with your own eyes how it is.

- Rob
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Anwar Akhror answered:
As a buyer, I have used Paul Lang for home inspection services. Paul pays attention to details and will methodically explain and indicate the defects of the house. Paul takes time to fully complete house inspection and he will provide you with detailed report afterwards. He is very knowledgeable and most importantly will take your side regardless how other realtors will sugar coated. We are glad that we have hired Paul and I would certainly recommend him for your house inspection needs. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
To purchase, or not, is a decision only you can make; do you have an agent, and if so, what is he/she order to make an informed decision regarding any price, do review with your agent, recently closed similar properties in the immediate area--see what the data suggests as to a fair price, and go from there... ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Englewood Zip Codes