Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in Gainesville : Real Estate Advice

  • All248
  • Local Info38
  • Home Buying70
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions19

Activity 7
Sun Nov 3, 2013
Joseph Tarver answered:
Contact me at, with a description of the home you are wanting to purchase. Don't forget to include your complete contact information. I hope to hear from you soon.


Joseph Tarver II, Realtor
Watson Realty Corp
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Annette Lawrence answered:
There are distressed properties that have been abandoned and are avaiable thourgh the city.
There are distressed properties that banks have foreclosed on and selling as REO.
There are distressed properties that banks have foreclosed on and selling to bulk buyers at 40%.
There are distressed properties purchased by bulk buyer to sell to wholesale buyers at 60%.
There are distressed properties purchased by flippers who ran out of money and looking for anoher flipper to sell at 80%.
There are distressed properties sold by whole sellers to flippers at 70%.
There are destriessed properteis with a new dress sold to the consumer via non-mls venues at 90%
There are distressed properties not yet on the market but will sell.
There are distressed propeties labeled short sales. Investors are essential to giving the banks a real beat down.
In select locations distressed properties can be possessed via tax certificates.
Some destressed owners will relenquish ownership via the sale of a note.
Some distressed propeties have sufffered sink hole damage.
Some distressed properties will be victims of outrageous flood insurance premiums. This issue is at the beginning stages of a new wave of investor potential.
And there are distressed properties banks sell through co-operating brokers that can be found on the MLS.
Which one(s) work best for you depend on your resources, experience, abilities and financing.
Of course your goals regarding holding or turning are important also.
Then comes your criteria for making a purchase offer. Most 'investors' fashion themselves to be bulk buyer attempting to purchase REO homes. Hopefully you see the mismatch.
Your best options are work with a investors group or a newbie agent who has lots of time on their hands. Put your ad on Trulia seeking hungry, hard working agent willing to write low ball offers on everhthing. They will be unaware of the damage the do.
If you have well defined purchase parameters an experienced agent will uncover the real estate you want. Experienced agents also have connections with fund managers who are active in the bulk purchase arena. This is your best opporutnity to 'cherry pick' the unpublished inventory. Understand, you get three swings.If you don't get on base, you are out. No paper hangers here.

Best of success to you.
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, Fl
Move to the Front of the Line.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Alan May answered:
Beats the heck outta me .
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 6, 2013
Thresa (Tessie) Redmer answered:
Here is the link for the school. Under faculty and staff there is contact information as well. Hope this helps. - Tessie ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 11, 2011
Shane Milne answered: is where you can check if a property is in an eligible area or not.

- On the left side there is a category in white writing called "Property Eligibility"
- Click "Single Family Housing" under that category
- Read agreement/disclaimer & hit accept
- On the left side of the next screen you can enter in a specific address
- On the right side you will see a map of the U.S. and click on Florida
- If you clicked on Florida then click on your county and it should bring up a Google map with areas designating ineligible areas.
- If you entered in an address it'll then bring you to a map with that address on it and it'll say if it's eligible or not
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Allison Ables answered:
Hi Madison731,
Please visit my site to see everything for sale in the Palms, last sold prices, taxes, etc. We are also available 7 days a week to show you the units and answer your questions.
Allison :)
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 14, 2009
zzzzzz answered:
There are 3 separate associations: Haile Plantation Association, Haile Plantation West, and Haile Village Center Owner's Association. The last is the most expensive because they maintain fairly intense infrastructure (streets, drains, etc) and they do an awful lot of other maintenance. Tree trimming and leaf pick-up come to mind. Haile Plantation Association was limited in size by some rule in effect when it was developed. Their fees are a set basic, and each neighborhood decides what they'd like done extra. One may trim trees up to 15 feet and another may choose to paint exteriors-- there are a lot of home-style choices from cottages, attached, and single homes. This year, a number of neighborhoods are installing nicer entry signs. Haile West has a basic due of about $90/quarter. Some neighborhoods only pay that, based on what amenities are available. Neighborhoods with parks, large mowed areas, private streets, and islands that need additional maintenance will pay an additional amount, set by each neighborhood. Budgets and financials should be available to potential buyers by contacting Haile Management at 352.335-7848 ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice