Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Loudoun County : Real Estate Advice

  • All20
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 25
Fri Nov 11, 2016
Neil Roxas answered:

If you want to know more information about the foreclosure property, you may check the county record where the property is part of or you may also contact a foreclosure specialist near your area for assistance regarding your concern.

You can take advantage of our vast network of agents here on Trulia. You may found the link below.

To search for a foreclosure specialist using our site:

1. Go to the link that I provided, enter the location where you're at and click enter.

2. Click the 'More filters' button and choose 'Foreclosure' under specialties.

3. Click the 'Search' button.

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Nov 2, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I apologize we have false foreclosure information listed on our home details page. This data is provided to us from Zillow foreclosures and we currently do not have the ability to edit or remove the information that they are sending us.

Upon checking, the foreclosure status is already removed from your property on Zillow.
Once the status is removed from Zillow, it will automatically update to Trulia after 24-48 hours.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 14, 2016
k.mariana asked:
My property has never been foreclosed and I will be force to go the legal route if you do not remove this listing and comment.
Where are you getting this information??
571 432-7678 mobile…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Elvira Jakovac answered:
probably you need to find an agent for that
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Nancy Ames answered:
I'm in the same boat. My Ex. has resided in the home that has both our names on the Bank Loan. He asked for and obtained a Modification and Forged my signature on the documents. I contacted the bank and advised them of this and also contacted and reported this to the Police Dept. Both are doing an investigation. This is as I've been told to be Property Fraud as well as Forgery. Suggest you report your situation to both the bank and the Police Dept. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Tish Thompson answered:
You wouldn't have an inspection on any other property without signing a contract either. Why would you want to pay hundreds of dollars if you aren't committed to the property?
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 5, 2012
Maria Cipollone answered:
Your best option will be a short sale. Get in touch with an experienced real estate agent that can assist you right away.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Nan Flock answered:
Hello Golda,
The agent's information below is correct.
I have sold several units in this beautiful Ashburn Village complex many units with pond and fountain views.
Great location and getting better with the nearby (approx 2 mile away ) new-One Loudoun 1.4 million Sq ft mixed use- retail and residential being built. It will be quite a town center...

check it out!
Are you moving into the area? Feel free to give me a call.
Nan Flock
ReMax Select Properties, Inc.
703-399-1266 direct
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Tina Beasley answered:
FYI....home warrantys will not pay to fully replace a heat pump. Most only pay a certain amount towards the replacement. Foreclosed homes are sold AS-IS, so normally no repairs will be done by the selling bank. I feel that you should have taken a look at the unit prior to making your offer.

You could try to negotiate a lower price at this point but most of the contracts that you sign with banks are iron clad and read that you understand that you are purchasing the home AS-IS and most of the time the only way out of the purchase is to have the home inspection clause in your contract read that you can opt out of the contract if the homes does not inspect to your satisfaction. If you have that option, you can use it as a tool to say...I will move forward with this sale if you agree to reduce the price by $5,000 as the heat pump is past it's serviceable age.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 30, 2010
Diana Geremia answered:
Mon Jun 21, 2010
Janice Cairns answered:
It is in your very best interest to get your own Buyer's Agent to represent you in the purchase of any home, whether foreclosure, short sale or regular sale. A Buyer's Agent with no ties to the seller will be in the best position to advise you on potential problems with the property, comparable sales, neighborhood issues, etc. The listing agent might be a wonderful agent with all the best intentions, but it's difficult to keep allegiances straight when working for more than one party in a transaction. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 19, 2010
Vivianne Rutkowski answered:

Would you want to purchase a multi-family, single family, townhouse,or condo? What is your price range?
In Northern Virginia area, $7000 is not enough to pay closing costs, much less to purchase a property.

If you want to research Northern Virginia market, you are welcome to search all MLS homes for sale on my website by county, town, zip code, or listing number. You can also search residential rentals to learn about the rental market in our area. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Vivianne Rutkowski
Keller Williams Realty
Toll Free: 877-765-3799
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 28, 2010
Hannah Fliegel answered:
Hi Randy,

In South Carolina the lender foreclosures by a Judicial Foreclosure process. They actually foreclose through the mortgage in effort to get back the collateral (the property) as well as obtain a deficiency judgment for the balance owed on the mortgage.

Once the lender obtains a deficiency judgment they can try to go after other assets that you own or garnish wages, etc. You may be able to negotiate a settlement or a payoff agreement with the lender to satisfy this debt. If the debt is too great then you might look at bankruptcy in effort to wiggle out of this debt, it would depend on if you had other credit card debt and you need to see if you qualify for a bk.

Good luck!

Hannah Fliegel, FICO Pro
The Credit Repair Expert
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 25, 2010
Pacita Dimacali answered:
Your realtor would have set expectations about short sales: there's nothing short about it except tempers.

And yes, it can and will take time to process. Furthermore, there are no guarantees that a short sale will even be approved.

Although the BPOs may have been ordered, that's not the end of it. Some lenders will or may require more than one BPO. And if there is more than one lender, that complicates the short sale.

And no... you cannot contact the lender or the seller or the seller's agent. Work through your realtor (and hopefully your realtor is also experienced and knowledgeable about short sales). Unless the seller has authorized you to speak to their lenders, there is no way on earth you can get past the first phone call. Besides, you will only serve to muddy the waters. Leave it to the listing agent and the seller to negotiate the short sale with the lenders.

As an experienced short sale realtor, I can boldly say you have no idea what it takes to negotiate a short sale --- regardless of how many times a listing agent calls, faxes, follows up, etc.....a short sale will take time.

Since there are no guarantees to a short sale, and if you cannot wait, then go ahead an look for other properties, and stay away from short sales. You will run into the same situation over and over again.

To get a sense of the challenges we encounter with short sales, visit this forum and you'll see for yourself.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 9, 2010
The Spear Realty Group answered:
I am not an attorney nor a tax advisor nor a mortgage advisor. I am a Realtor licensed in the State of Virginia. I would definitely recommend you contact a reputable lender so that you can get sound advice. Let me know if you need some referrals. Understandably, the bank needs to know that the insurance and property taxes are going to be paid so that a lien is not placed on the property. This should not have to involve you nor place you at financial risk. Does the loan currently have an escrow account in place that has been paying taxes and insurance? Is she exempt from paying taxes on this property because of her age? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 1, 2009
Dkny answered:
Thank you for your response. Yes, I would like referrals regarding good real estate lawyers.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 20, 2009
Alex answered:
Heres a good site. Without registration.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Jackie Hagenston answered:
You will have to find out the name of the Trustee handling the foreclosure process. You can find this by going to the courthouse and searching public records, the local newspapers dated 1-2 weeks prior to the Trustees Sale date, or by paying a local title company to do a title search for you.

Finding out the name is only a first step, actually reaching anyone to get any information about the property will be difficult. Everyone is swamped and you are not their client. They are busy clearing the property for resale, which could involve, eviction, repairs, clearing up other liens, etc. Banks (who are often out of state) are not equipped to handle the sale of the property, that's why they find local agents to list them. As everyone said, you will have the best luck with an agent. Many of us have ties with agents who specialize in foreclosures, and can get a "coming soon" list from those agents.

If you decide to keep researching the property, do post again to let everyone know if it was successful!
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 19, 2008
Jackie Hagenston answered:

Are you talking about the Trustees Sale notices in the paper? If so, those homes are not sold yet, but will be auctioned off on the courthouse steps on the date noted in the Trustees Sale notice/ad. Indeed, the most proactive method to search out distressed properties is going directly to the courthouse to search for recent filings of Trustees Deeds.

FYI, Virginia is a state where the bank does not have to go to court to foreclose, but does have to have a Trustee's which the highest bidder--OVER the opening bid--takes over the property (and any tenants, possibly other liens, etc with it!) With our market, the highest bidder usually ends up being the bank itself, as the opening bid is typically what is owed on the home---which now a days, is more than what its fair market value is. With the bank as official owner at that point, they will put it on the MLS to sell. This can be awhile from the date of foreclosure as they may need to evict the previous owners and inventory the property's condition. You can contact the banks directly (some have websites) to see their foreclosure homes. You may be able to get the jump on them before they have them listed on the MLS.

Otherwise, find a good realtor with foreclosure experience to set you up on a no obligation auto email program. The realtor enters your criteria and you will automatically receive an email the day a new property hits the market. You'll need to be ready to move quickly though, the best ones often get multiple offers and go under contract fast. Any questions, feel free to email. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 17, 2008
Danilo Bogdanovic answered:
Call Highland Title in Ashburn and ask to speak with Michael McFarlane. He's a well-respected, experienced and knowledgeable real estate lawyer in the area. The number there is 703.723.3300. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice