Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Saint Louis : Real Estate Advice

  • All573
  • Local Info50
  • Home Buying183
  • Home Selling39
  • Market Conditions20

Activity 25
Wed Apr 15, 2015
RonS answered:
no. You can file same day to stall (Note...this doesn't stop it, just stalls it) the foreclosure sale.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 2, 2014
Tamara Liggins answered:
Unfortunately a property wasn't listed with your question. Did you have a specific address you may have been inquiring about?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
STAgency Real Estate answered:
There are services you can subscribe to, which will keep you up-to-date if this is something you want to continue to do. I can also put you in contact with my local attorney's office which has even quicker and more accurate access with up to date records. Pop the address over to: and we can go from there. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Jenifer Garcia answered:
If you go to the Assessor's Office website (via the City of STL's website), that info should be public.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 24, 2012
Dale Weir answered:
This property is not currently on the market. It was last sold in 2006 for $118,500. It was refinanced in 2008. In 2009, the owners were issued a notice of default for the property, but the records I am looking at do not indicate that the home was ever forclosed on and the title has not been taken out of the owners name. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 22, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Your first step should be to make sure your business is registered and insured. Then meet with local listing agents who specialize in listing REO homes in your area. Alot of agents manage the preservation task and get estimates and hire the workers. Other banks will use national preservation cpmpanies which you can sign up for, they require more paperwork and requirements but pay less. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Tracy Larkins answered:
A short sale would be the ideal option rather than walking away and allowing a foreclosure, an interested investor may be interested in buying and holding as a rental property. Hope this helps! ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 10, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
Recommend to work with real estate consultant

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 8, 2011
Lisa McKnight answered:
Your best bet is to use a realtor. The seller pays them so they can get you a list of what's available and in a variety of areas. Once you find a few you like, take your contractor with you to see what the estimated cost of fix up would be. It's also important to pay attention to days on the market for recent sales to determine if the homes are selling and how quickly where the home is located. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 12, 2011
Tom Kennedy answered:
Use the $15K to buy something other than real estate or put it in a savings account. That is unless you have another, let's say, $100,000 +/- $20,000 in CASH to "fixer-upper". Think more seriously about investing in something other than foreclosure properties at that level of investment - $15K. Seriously. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 11, 2011
Lisa Rozier answered:
The best place to look is at homes that are distressed also referred to as (short sales). I hold a designation as a Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource. If you'd like to discuss with me what your goals are I am happy to direct you. You may visit my webpage to learn more about me at
Feel free to send me an email.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Ted Wight answered:
Hi Mark,

Are you asking how is the percent of commission calculated for a property that you want to sell?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Mark asked:
how is pay scale per property determined
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 3, 2010
John Powel Walsh answered:
Cornerstone Mortgage is the best. Ask for Bill Seib
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 25, 2009
Edie Waters answered:
Bless your heart! You need help right away and I would recommend you contact a CDPE. If you wish I have the name of an agent in St. Louis that you can contact .....just contact me by email, text or phone call.

Standing ready to be of service
Edie Waters
Remax of kc
Kansas City Metro Real Estate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 18, 2009
l answered:
Good point Dunes. If you need help getting inside any of the homes listed to view them just let me know Jed.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 26, 2009
The Hagley Group answered:
the site below may be of has info on both shortsales and foreclosures....

A verbal offer means nothing. I am surprised a lender is working with you or the seller directly...this is dangerous for all without a Realtor involved. I would recommend hiring a Realtor or an attorney immediately. This has disaster written all over it. ... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 25, 2009
Sheila Worley answered:
Matilda, I am an experience Short Sale Specialist and would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. I would recommend you do interview a few Realtors and get as much information possible. Always remember, you do have options. Do not walk away from your home as the impact on your credit is less for a Short Sale than a Foreclosure. Please, if you need anything give me a call. I will be happy to walk you through the necessary steps for a Short Sale.


Sheila Gerken-Worley
The Best Seller GMAC Real Estate

"Short Sale Specialist"
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice