Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Sugar Land : Real Estate Advice

  • All169
  • Local Info29
  • Home Buying54
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 8
Wed Jul 9, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
You can dispute any errors by contacting Experian, Equifax and Transunion directly. Provide proof of the error and they must correct the report and your scores will change. You can find the companies through search engines. As long as you're doing this, some other tips would be to pay down your balances to 1/3 or less of their high credit. Do not close any accounts or pay off any old collections unless instructed to by your loan officer.
Some lenders assist with credit repair, I would encourage you to find one. Their may be fees involved but the opportunity to buy and better rates can be well worth it.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Linda J. King answered:
Hi, Marium-
I would recommend that you get with a Lender and get all your questions answered.
It would also be a good idea to try to get from the Lender a "Loan Approval Letter" with a Good Faith Estimate (Settlement costs)with all your costs included, down payment, interest rate, monthly payment, Lender and Title Company Fees, etc ... so you will know how much you will actually need to bring to closing (in the form of a Cashier's check for good funds to close).
Reply back to me so I can help you with this.
Inventory is low and interest rates are rising, it's taking awhile to get loan to closing ... so don't miss out on an opportunity for some of the lowest rates in the last 50 years!
Linda King
Re/Max MTC
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
slamont07 answered:
Just called Chase Home Mortgage. At first they deny of its existence but after they dig a bit deeper they find it. The first person who answers the phone tells you that he has no idea what you are asking but once you talk to the mortgage consultant he is able to view all of the different programs that Chase has. The Family Opportunity Mortgage still exists. Same criteria as before, college students can buy the house for their parents and classify it as a primary residence. Older parents can buy a house for their college children and classify as a second home. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 26, 2012
Davidbice answered:
Is the loan program "Family Opportunity Program" still available through Chase?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 19, 2011
Brian Rayl answered:

It comes down to who will give in first. Obviously, the buyer has nothing to lose since their money is already tied up, so the buyer probably won't give in and release the earnest money to the bank. This is what should happen:

Speak with a real estate lawyer and your agent about your options. Make sure all aspects of the contract have been reviewed by the real estate lawyer, including any addendums. They can give you an idea of who is right.

Buyer sends the release of earnest money and demand letter to the title company and CCs the bank, stating the reason that they feel entitled to have their earnest money released OR the bank agrees to provide the documentation needed for the loan and extends the closing date (if they still want the house).

If the bank refuses to release the earnest money or extend the contract, at that point you send them a notification that you want to go to mediation.

Here is the key point to this: The earnest money is effectively a lean against the title of the home. While there is a lean against the title, the bank CANNOT sell the home. Depending on how long it takes to go through mediation, often times the bank will concede and release the option money in order to get a clear title.

What confuses me though is the fact that the bank is not wanting to extend the contract on the home when you have financing and only need the termite report in order to close it. Something doesn't sound right in that scenario.

Best of luck regardless of the outcome.
... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 13, 2011
Alan Harper answered:
I can help you with financing and obtaining the best purchase price for your new home. I GIVE MY BUYERS 1% CASH BACK AT CLOSING! I live in Sugar Land and specialize in Fort Bend County.

Alan Harper, REALTOR®
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 27, 2010
Faith Floyd answered:
Yes, the MCC is the Mortgage Credit Certificate. Which means that the federal government grants us a 50% refund of our mortgage interest (to a maximum of $2,000) each year. The money comes to you via a tax credit that you claim when we file our federal income taxes. Which in turns reduces the amount of money you pay taxes on by up to $2000 every year as long as you live in the home.
We use a lender that can talk and walk you through the process and it free. Click on the web site below and in the referred by block pub "TEAM FLOYD' and it's 100% free to start the process, and find out what this program does for you. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Yichin Tsai answered:
Search Advice