Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Milwaukee : Real Estate Advice

  • All340
  • Local Info34
  • Home Buying126
  • Home Selling26
  • Market Conditions9

Activity 391
Earlier today
Roncrom asked:
I'm buying a house from a relative's estate and the offer sheet is just a formality. I know the property and it's condition. I'm also pre-approved for the loan
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 5, 2017
Jessica Bateman answered:
No they can't. No-one really goes that low anymore. If you have at least a 580 credit score then you may qualify for an FHA loan. Sites like The Lenders Network can refer you to lenders that work with poor credit. ... more
5 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 11, 2017
asdf answered:
I don't see why not. If you are getting a loan through a bank, it's going to get appraised and you'll find what the value of the house might be.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 5, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Don't allow the seller to make repairs because it will be done cheaply and who knows if it will be done to your satisfaction. You can always lower your offer price. Spend your own money fixing this home so this way you know exactly what was done and if it was done correctly.

Next step - get estimates from several contractors. My guess? You will need to replace the roof, replace the plumbing, possible foundation cracks, etc. These are expensive repairs.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 29, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Yes you can have as many state licenses as you want. The issue is getting a broker to hire you and hold your license. Brokers are legally responsible for their agents actions and want their agents to be productive - meaning CLOSED SALES for that brokerage.

Therefore, what is your strategy for closing sales in both states? How will you prove to each broker that they will earn money from you in each state? Remember, 1/2 of your commission is split between you and the broker. Each broker is expecting to receive money from your closed sales. If you fail to close and earn a commission, your broker will wonder what's going on.

Bottom line - you need to be upfront and explain to each broker that you will close sales and you will be productive. Their question will be - prove it.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 24, 2017
Elise ray asked:
After finding some issues with the basement/foundation on our home inspection, our realtor created an amendment stating the inspection contingency would be waived if the seller can provide…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 22, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
First call a Title company for your local area and explain your situation. They should help you or point you in the right direction. You can Google this for your area. Then you will need to contact a real estate attorney and explain the situation to them. Between the Title company and lawyer, you should be on the right path.

One major question that will be asked: Do you have the cash to pay the $15,000. in back taxes? Once the title transfers to you, don't expect your boyfriend to pay anything towards the back taxes or maintenance. Everything will be your responsibility.

As an older adult, I do have some advice for you. Since he owns this house, his credit has suffered with the bankruptcy and back taxes. Don't let your credit suffer. If you can get the title or deed to transfer to your name, the best option is to sell the home and walk away with whatever profit you can get. You spent money maintaining the home, so hopefully it can sell at a fair price - not a foreclosed price. If you do sell the home, then find a home that is AFFORDABLE where you won't need to claim bankruptcy. I would also consider dumping your boyfriend. There are men out there with better finances.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 22, 2017
Jlerette asked:
My boyfriend bought a foreclosure in cash for $15,000 in 2009. My name isn't on the title/deed but I stuck thousands into fixing it up over the years. He currently owes about 15,000…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 8, 2017
Vettysdom answered:
This property has been rented.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 27, 2017
Marquis Posey asked:
My share of my current apartment's rent is $385 and FamilyCare want me to move into a more cost effective apartment.
1 vote 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue May 23, 2017
Verna59 asked:
Thu May 11, 2017
Pvrushali8 answered:
I just have a question.. I am interested making an offer on a property which was recently treated for water intrusion issues in the basement. I want to conduct a pre- offer inspection but the seller refused. Does this mean there is something fishy about the property? Are pre- offer inspections common in MN? ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Fri May 5, 2017
Karl Holtermann asked:
Fri Apr 28, 2017
Thomaslprescottsr5 asked:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 asked:
Purchased 3 separate properties (2 commercial, 1 residential) This required a commercial loan. can I refinance to a residential loan now?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 24, 2017 answered:
No Real property is not subject to sales tax in Wisconsin
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 9, 2017
Teena Gunn asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 25, 2017
Ticem01 answered:
Where do I find "my listings"? I see that it's supposed to be in the navigation bar. Under what name? The 1st step is to go to my listings but there is not a tab named that.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice