Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Hazard : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Fri Feb 19, 2016
Arpad Racz answered:

It depends on many factors. I would start with having a local real estate agent review your areas recent sales and go over a market analysis with them, then meet with a lender to see what you qualify for on the buyer side, and see if there is anything available In General for the range you qualify for with the criteria you are looking for.

All the best,

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 19, 2016
Karen and Paul Catania answered:
Escrow is a 3rd party in charge of distributing the funds to the correct people. They would be in control of the deposit. Because both of you are disputing who should get the deposit back, escrow will need to review the contract and situation to determine where the deposit should go. This is usually done within 17-21 days of escrow not 45. You may have never signed off the loan contingency but after 21 days the seller or their agent should have given you a notice to perform and after 2 days they would have the right to cancel the escrow, put their home back on the market and returned your deposit. Time and effort is lost but everyone would move on and put it behind them. I can see them being very upset that you are cancelling after 45 days but it should have never gotten that far. If this was a FSBO then it's another good reason why a profession in the industry should be involved. If there are realtors involved then the seller should have done better research on the agent they hired. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 3, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
Less of a commute.
Closer to cultural centers.
Closer to events.
More and easier public transit.
Better safety net.

Because more and more folks are looking to buy in such locations, prices will increase.

It's not an LA thing, it's a every metropolitan thing.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 23, 2011
FHA 203k Mortgage Lender answered:
Hi Gladys,

The definition of TLC has already been answered below so just keep in mind it's a matter of interpretation, TLC, Fixer Upper, Diamond in the rough, lot's of potential, deferred maintenance etc. Until you actually see the property you won't really know in what shape it's in.

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 18, 2011
Dorene Slavitz answered:
Hi Scherazade,
Your best bet is to work with the kind of agents who are licensed and trained to sell investment property. This would be strictly Commercial Brokerages.
Send me an email if you need a referral. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 30, 2011
John Arendsen answered:
Roof issues can be construed as potential "Safety" as well as "Health" related. As a 30 year general contractor, developer, broker I would say that the lender has the right to exercise on the side of caution. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 23, 2011
Sergio Medina answered:
What specific location are you referring to Juan? I just sold 2 similar homes in the same area that were both investor flips. I sold 1 of them for 20k below asking price and sold the other for 15k above asking price. It all depends in which area of the city your looking in. Nice homes in decent neighborhoods will have multiple offers from all the buyers who are actively looking right now but are patiently waiting for a good buy. Not a cheap buy; a good buy! All of the distress homes are saturating the market and making most of the savy buyers appreciate a well taken care of ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 28, 2009
Lori Jeltema answered:
I just closed one last week with a lender at Wells Fargo..always got my calls/emails and texts returned. closed a day late (due to unreleased deed of trust being worked out) but otherwise smooth sailing. My clients closing costs even came in lower than expected. I'd be happy to put you in contact. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 18, 2009
Mary answered:
We may be able to assist you with a couple of programs we're aware of.

You can reach me at
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 6, 2009
M.D.J answered:
More information would be needed but "Yes" you can use SSI. SSA for qualifying if it will continue...3 yrs. or more and proof will be needed.

Anything else contact me.

Good luck to you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 29, 2008
Keith Sorem answered:
I suggest that you might want to consult a probate attorney. In addition to the deed (which is a piece of paper) I would be more concerned about what happened legally when your mother passed away. I am not an attorney, however I can help find one if you need a referral.

Think about this: what happens when You pass on? You'd want to have the arrangements made, right?

In my opinion the deed is only part of what you need. I'd be happy to help.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Hazard Zip Codes