Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Greenacres : Real Estate Advice

  • All46
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 77
Mon May 29, 2017
Sally Grenier answered:
If it's your house and not your wife's, you can do whatever you want! still might be good to contact an attorney just in case. In your state, she may have a right to have of whatever you own. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 18, 2016
Marsha Umansky answered:
YES. No question about it, if needed by power of attorney, but all need to sign.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 27, 2016
Jonathan Klurfeld, Esq. answered:
Homes in Palm Beach County are selling in about 75 days right now (days on the market). There are 17 other houses for sale in Nautica Isles right now ranging from 20 days on the market to 320 days; but only 3 above 100 days total. They range from $270k for a 4/2/1 to $420k for the 6/4 models. None of the 17 are under contract currently.

If you need assistance listing your property please feel free to contact us. We are licensed Realtors in Palm Beach as well as real estate attorneys.

HK Legal Group
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Nov 23, 2016
Diane Christner answered:
There are a number of factors to take into consideration, such as current sq ft living space of your home, the typical homes for sale in your neighborhood (how many have garage conversions), parking situation if you take away garage space, etc.

Whatever you decide, keep in mind that garage conversions require permits. Converting a garage to living space without the required permits could lead to problems later on when you sell your home. Lack of required permits will lead appraisers to discount the new sq ft living space. Buyers will also run into problems obtaining insurance. Even if you do pull all required permits for your conversion, many buyers actually want a garage, so they will skip your listing when searching for homes.

Would suggest weighing the pros and cons before making a final decision on garage conversions. Bigger is not always better.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2016
Jacquie Yekmalian answered:

Your best bet for detailed questions like this is to contact either the listing agent or ask a local Realtor in the area.

Good Luck
Jacquie Yekmalian
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Oct 9, 2016
Stephen McRory answered:

>Have used your VA benefit to purchase a home prior which make you a Multi User

>Have good credit

>Have 5% down

>Are Not a combat wound vet

Using a VA loan for the second time is very expensive, plus listing agents generally tend to tell their sellers to avoid VA borrowers if there are conventional offers on the table.

Good credit borrowers can purchase in the upper 800,000 range with only 5% down, No PMI and closing costs paid for them.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 19, 2016
Nonames03 asked:
Tue May 12, 2015
Gary Hitchcock answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2015
Emily Burville answered:
Hi Jonesjules75,

The HOA for this condo is around $289/month. If you have any other questions about the condo or the building, let me know. I am a local real estate agent.

Emily Burville
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 23, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
Call your friendly neighborhood Realtor and they'd be happy to list it! (You cannot post homes for sale by owner, if that's what you're really asking).
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 29, 2015
Sarah Snyder asked:
Fri Oct 24, 2014
Michael Joseph answered:
My last agent asked if me I was going to give him an escrow check when we made an offer on a home. I told him I wasn't going to provide him with a check prior to acceptance. I'm not sure why he asked for it but there was no way I was writing a check prior to acceptance of the offer. Being that your offer wasn't accepted you should get it back immediately. If an offer is accepted and the home doesn't close the closing agent would need the seller to sign for the release of escrow. Since it was never accepted you, your agent or the broker should be able to get it back now and I would demand it's return now and find a new agent. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 29, 2014
Phil Rotondo answered: ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 21, 2014
Maria Medrano answered:
This is a community and there is a mistake, these are HOUSES no townhouse, no condominio.
Since is a house, you are allow to have pets, Phill this is not an adult community.
How to request a correction to TRulia? ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 29, 2014
Brian Nguyen answered:
You can buy a home loan, but you will have to sit through a waiting period and rebuild your credit. The length of the waiting period can depend on the type of loan you desire and which type of bankruptcy you had. To obtain an FHA loan or a VA loan after a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you must wait two years from the date your Chapter 7 is discharged. You can obtain an FHA loan during a Chapter 13 bankruptcy as long as you have made 12 months of satisfactory Chapter 13 plan payments, but you must have bankruptcy court approval to get the loan. In the case of either an FHA loan or a VA loan, you must provide an explanation of the bankruptcy. Although there is an exception for FHA loans. You can possibly obtain an FHA loan after one year if you had an economic event (such as unemployment) that resulted in a loss of income causing you to become bankrupt. Conventional loans have the longest waiting periods. If you want a conventional loan, you must wait four years after receiving a Chapter 7 discharge and two years after receiving a Chapter 13 discharge. If your Chapter 13 case was dismissed without a discharge, you must wait four years from the date of the dismissal. If you would really like a mortgage there are also hard money loan options that you can consider. Either way, the best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 28, 2014
Bocasweete answered:
if you can afford $450,000, I can sell you a 4 bedroom home, in central Lake worth, with barn lake pool etc totally upgraded with the best oof the best, with low property taxes, as we are on 2 acres, and the property is zoned agricultural so you get a large tax discount. also If you own a horse you can get a large tax credit to lower your taxes, livestock allowed including rv, trucks etc walk to schools shopping nearby, etc.561 305 7000 owner melanie ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 28, 2014
Patrice Turnquest answered:
can I receive photos of the lower income properties ranging from $600.00-$800.00

Than You
Patrice Turnquest
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice
Greenacres Zip Codes