Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Coquille : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 8
Sat Oct 29, 2016
mr.steveng53 asked:
We have total income of 1,800 per month and are in our 60's..... we are looking for rent to own, lease or fixer upper but having problemswith knowing where to start
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 9, 2016
John Burke answered:
Hi Mr. Steveng53,

I have good news for you. Coquille, OR is an area that's eligible for the No Money Down USDA mortgage!

With your income, you'll want to apply for the USDA Direct Loan instead of the USDA Guaranteed.
Call the USDA State Office at (866)923-5626 and ask to speak to someone about the USDA Direct Mortgage.

One of the best things about the USDA program is the monthly mortgage insurance is substantially cheaper than FHA or conventional options & it's going down starting October 2016!

For example: On an FHA loan of $150,000, the MMI (monthly mortgage insurance) would add $106.25 to your monthly payment but on a USDA mortgage it would only add $43.75!

The other nice thing is USDA will actually allow you to roll in your closing costs as long as the appraised value supports it.

Take a look at the recommendations from some of my past clients on my Trulia profile by clicking the link below my phone number.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Lending in ALL 50 states
Great Plains National Bank
Apply Online:
NMLS# 787231
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 2, 2016
Pmckinney37 asked:
selling for at this time it has 2 small storage buildings and carport. a single
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 27, 2013
Marvin Von Renchler answered:
Thats almost impossible to answer. We dont know your needs or quality choices. It could be from $55 for a T-111 cheapy to $175 a foot. You building for yourself or to sell?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 12, 2012
Dan Wooldridge answered:
Coquille Valley Sentinel paper is the best place to look for rentals. I have 5 myself and when I have a vacancy list them for rent there and on the oregon coast craigslist
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 21, 2011
Dan Wooldridge answered:

Unfortunately I think you will find that it's not possible in Coos County, unless you are building a home, then only for 12 months. Below is the ordinace for the city of Coquille, and the county follows pretty closely.

Ordinance 17.36.060 section I
"There is a six-month limitation on residential use of mobile home or recreational vehicle placed outside an approved mobile home park or recreational vehicle park in the city. Up to twelve (12) months residential occupancy may be allowed where a mobile home or recreational vehicle is placed on a property undergoing development, subject to review and approval by the planning official and compliance with other requirements of the development code."

Other zoning, such as CREMP (Coquille River property) has 60 days maximum.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 23, 2010
Dan Wooldridge answered:
That property is located y the Shell station, across the street from the High School. The property sold for $475,000 in Nov 2004.

My son rented one of the 2 bedroom units. Nice quiet area. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Coquille Zip Codes