This property is no longer available to rent or buy. This description is from October 04, 2011
'''The Little Hermitage''' was built c. 1760 and is Trenton'''s oldest residence in continual use and now has all of today'''s amenities while retaining the historical integrity of the 18th century. Historically, Revolution War officer General Philomon Dickinson purchased the building from the Rutherford estate in 1776 and during the American Revolution it housed Hessian soldiers. The spacious living room has a wood-burning fireplace with mantle and adjoins the dining room. The renovated kitchen has white cabinetry with new white appliances ''' gas stove/cooktop, refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. The '''butterfly''' staircase leads to the second floor hallway with large closet, two bedrooms (one with fireplace) and renovated full bath. The third floor has two rooms ''' a perfect office and bedroom suite. The basement houses the new central A/C and furnace, the washer/dryer and a root/wine cellar. There is off-street parking. Own a piece of history while enjoying the convenience of today'''s lifestyle.