This property is no longer available to rent or buy. This description is from April 12, 2013
A 2-story spectacle boasting a presence on the National Register of Historic Places! Built in 1910, "The Edward M. Kelly House" is located in the Park Place Historical District, an area noted for its large, early 20th century homes that were the residences of Wichita's successful businessmen and entrepreneurs. Designed for entertaining with an open layout, it features a front parlor adjacent to the grand foyer, and a side parlor north of the formal dining room. The impressive woodwork throughout is wide-board mission style with architrave supported trim. The kitchen is modern with ample cabinets plus an adjoining mudroom. Upstairs, the Kelly House is a 4-square layout with the master bedroom at the SE corner, a sitting room or nursery at the NE corner and 2nd and 3rd bedrooms at the other 2 corners. A 5 x 30' center hallway services all the bedrooms and bathroom, which was restored with beaded board wainscoting, claw-foot bath tub, 1929 wall-mounted tank toilet, mosaic tile floor, and dressing room with shower. Outside, you'll find the modern luxury of a backyard retreat, a patio with canopy cover, deck, and above-ground pool. A detached, 30 x 24' garage and workshop replaced the carriage/auto house and feature 220 electric, air-conditioning and attic storage. The interior and exterior elements remain period-intact, well-maintained, and compile a long list including the speaker's porch, duster porch, fluted columns with ornate capitals, beaded tongue-in-groove boards, one-over-one double hung windows, 2 and 3-paneled doors, double pocket doors, etc. At a colossal height of 34-35 feet from the street elevation, the Kelly House represents a picture of grandeur.