Actually this is good. It substantiates the value of your property and validates the sales price all in one fell swoop.
Now just think, if the appraisal had come in higher you would be thinking you "are leaving money on the table". If it came in low you would be lowering the price. Both situations would have caused a lot of grief for somebody.
In this case the appraiser did you a favor. I do not always agree with appraisers "rubber stamping" the appraisal to meet a contract price but if it is a fair deal for both parties then you are all better off in the long run.... more
I am sure you are going to receive some responses from Realtors that work in that area. I do not, however I would like you to be aware of this:
In almost all cases, homes that sell in the first month will sell closest to asking price. Why is that important? Because if you are trying to sell for the highest price possible, your goal should be to sell within the first 30 days. As a property sits on the market, it loses value.
In my MLS, homes that sell within 30 days sell for 98.5% of asking price. At 120 it goes down to 93.6% of asking...and that would be AFTER a price reduction or two. However, the AVERAGE Days On Market (DOM) in my area is 110 days. So that means that about 25% of the properties are listed and sold within 30 days (I would call them the properties offering buyers the best value). That means that the OTHER 75% of the listings have LONGER DOM, some up to a year!
So when you talk with your Realtor, ask them what their plan is to sell your home, and pay attention to the time frame. In real estate, homes have a short shelf-life.... more
Hi Lee, The Home finder center will allow you to put Full Color flyers in their building with directions. They are located on Woodlands Pkwy right before Grogan's Mill. However, there is speculation that they use those flyers to pick up signs. Who knows.
The flyers seem to work best for my office. I will be anxious to see what other agents in the area say.... more