La Mirada : Questions & Answers

change location

cancel or


Walter 'Skip'…, Real Estate Pro in 92870
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
Pulling out of escrow after the 17th day and after home inspection?
As long as you have not removed your contingencies you should be able to cancel the contract and get your deposit back. Of course, you will be out the inspection money you spent. Depe ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Oct 5, 2014 Home Buying in La Mirada
Sue Wylie, Real Estate Pro in California
Sue Wylie answered:
Short sale - occupied
I would knock on the door, and ask the "friends" if they have a rental agreement in place with the seller.
If yes, demand to see it. If no, then call the sheriff for illegal trespass. ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Jun 10, 2012 Home Buying in La Mirada
Short Sale D…, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles County, CA
Short Sale Diva answered:
In a short sale on the 1099s is the reported value the difference of proceeds from the amount owed or is the amount on the 1099 or just the sale price
The 1099 should be for the total amount forgiven but you will also get a 1099 from the escrow for the sale amount, this is standard procedure but you should talk to your tax accountant ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Dec 28, 2010 Foreclosure in 90638
Sonsie Conroy, Real Estate Pro in San Luis Obispo County...
Sonsie Conroy answered:
can you tell me what banks will do a father to son sell of a house with the prop 13 tax bill?
I don't know why selling to your son is such an odd or difficult transaction that only four banks in the U.S. will do it. There is absolutely nothing in Prop 13 that affects a bank ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Oct 26, 2010 Home Buying in 90638
Dan Tabit, Real Estate Pro in 98074
Dan Tabit answered:
Can seller keep deposit if I cancel transaction given loan contingency was not removed?
You are asking a legal question that depends on details we don't have access to. Start with your agent, if you are not satisfied with the answers go to their broker. ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri Apr 30, 2010 Home Buying in 90638
Ted Canto -…, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles County, CA
Ted Canto - The Mobile Mortgage Pro answered:
My house is foreclosed and the second mortgage turn the loan over to the collection agency. Should I respond back to the collection agency? Both
I would contact your agent and ask him if he correctly did the paperwork, see if they can assist you. If not, then I would contact a lawyer or a reputable credit repair company. These ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Mar 14, 2010 Foreclosure in La Mirada
Kathy Weber…, Real Estate Pro in Temecula, CA
Kathy Weber (951) 551-7587 answered:
Short pay refinance only on primary homes? Current lender will not consider a short pay refinance?

Can you elaborate a little more?

Many or most lender's will not refinance when the home is considered a "Short Pay". Basically a full Loan Modificat ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012 Financing in La Mirada
Tony Serrano, Real Estate Pro in La Habra, CA
Tony Serrano answered:
My two loans are in total 585k, i need to refinance because the interest is to high. The average sales in
The government has released several programs to help home owners that are in need of refinancing but are upside down on their mortgage. There are several modification companies that ar ... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon May 7, 2012 General Area in 90638
Micki O'Toole, Real Estate Pro in Riverside, CA
Micki O'Toole answered:
I rent a house in La Mirada, CA 90638. The address is 14808 Fairvilla Drive. How can I find out if this house?
The house does not appear to be for sale since it is not on the MLS. Finding out if they are in default is a matter of public record and you can check that information at your ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue May 12, 2009 Home Buying in La Mirada
Dp2, Other/Just Looking in Virginia
Dp2 answered:
short-sale offer question
Forget the listing prices. Get the recent sold comps.

Before you make an offer on that property, you need to do some research. You need to find out how many other liens are on the ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Aug 10, 2010 Home Buying in La Mirada
Dianne Johns…, Real Estate Pro in Ann Arbor, MI
Dianne Johnson answered:
I have found a foreclosed property. It is owned by Federal Home Loan Mort Corp. what is my next step?
Time to get an agent. Ask them to help you with all the details.
0 votes Share Flag Thu Apr 9, 2009 Foreclosure in 90638
Shel-lee Dav…, Real Estate Pro in 90274
Shel-lee Davis - BRE #01817412 answered:
The Homeowner Stability Plan "is limited to loans held or securitized by Fanni Mae or Freddie Mac"

To the best of my knowledge, the only way you will know for sure is to ask you lender or look at your original loan documents. Unfortunately, in Southern California, this progra ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Mar 5, 2009 General Area in 90638
Cindi Hagley, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
Cindi Hagley answered:
Is their such thing as govenment assistance for people who are about to face forclosure on their home?
NOOOOoooo!!!!!! First of all, contact your lender and try to negotiate yourself. If you DO decide to use a company, read all paperwork carefully...there are a lot of scams going on rig ... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon Sep 8, 2008 Foreclosure in 90638
Brent Bester, Real Estate Pro in Columbus, OH
Brent Bester answered:
Seller says he will shoulder $10k of closing costs. The GFE from our lender shows "closing" cost of $12k,

12K for closing costs seems abnormally high to me. Are you buying the rate down? What is the loan amount? It sounds like you are working with a broker. Additionally, if you ar ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun May 18, 2008 Home Buying in 90638
Charles Rori…, Real Estate Pro in Grants Pass, OR
Charles Rorive answered:
In your experience, how much different is the Good Faith Estimate to the actual cost during closing?
A good faith estimate is just that: an estimate. They are figured out with the best information available at the time the estimate is prepared. Other information may come up during th ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012 Home Buying in 90638
Cindy, Real Estate Pro in Sanford, NC
Cindy answered:
How can I check if the improvements in the house I am planning to buy are permitted? Can I get copies or blue?
Contact the county and/or city planning and zoning department to ensure permits were granted and final inspection was acheived and approved.
0 votes Share Flag Mon May 21, 2012 Home Buying in 90638
Jason Willia…, Real Estate Pro in Anaheim, CA
Jason Williams answered:
Is chino hills a good area?
Once you get used to the smell and the traffic, I think the area is very nice.
0 votes Share Flag Sun Mar 14, 2010 Home Buying in La Mirada
Kent Palmer, Real Estate Pro in Denver, CO
Kent Palmer answered:
Where can I find a list of goverment tax forclosure in California?
The County wil maintain that list. They are also required to publish the notice of intent to forclose. If you caontact the County Clerk's office, they will be able to tell you where it ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Jan 9, 2008 Tech Tips in La Mirada, CA
Search Advice


Email me when…

Learn more

Meet the Trulia VIPs
Leyla Afzalnia, Agent in 92503
Leyla Afzalnia
Michelle Lynch, Agent in 90638
Michelle Lynch
Bobby Garcia, Agent in 90601
Bobby Garcia
Jessica Francia, Broker in Anaheim
Jessica Francia
Home > Q&A > California > Los Angeles County > La Mirada
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer