How To... in Cook County : Questions & Answers

change location

cancel or


Joe Schiller, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL
Joe Schiller answered:
Can I rent an apartment with bad credit?
with 3 months security deposit
0 votes Share Flag Fri Dec 7, 2012 How To... in 60644
Alison Hillm…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA
Alison Hillman answered:
How can I find a seller who is willing to be the bank for the sell of his/her property?
Hi Andar-

You may want to ask this in the Agent to Agent category so that the right set of eyes see it!

Ali, Community Manager
0 votes Share Flag Wed Oct 22, 2014 How To... in Chicago
Matt Laricy, Real Estate Pro in Near North Side, Chi...
Matt Laricy answered:
I'm thinking about starting a property perservation business, but I was told the best way to go was through the banks to get the jobs.
I would speak with your lawyer, set up the business, and get moving on it!
0 votes Share Flag Thu Jul 19, 2012 How To... in Chicago
Ron Thomas, Real Estate Pro in Fresno, CA
Ron Thomas answered:
A plumber we used for repairs sent us a letter saying that they will put a lien on our property if bill is not paid.
This is called a "Mechanic's Lien".
You might check this with an Attorney;
I heard that if you are making payments, and the creditor has been accepting payments, then t ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Dec 22, 2011 How To... in 60053
Sally Grenier, Real Estate Pro in Longmont, CO
Sally Grenier answered:
How can I change my email address?
Try going to your profile, then "edit profile". You should be able to change your email address in there.
0 votes Share Flag Wed Aug 13, 2014 How To... in 60612
Lucid Realty, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL
Lucid Realty answered:
How do I claim my property and get photos and listing information off Trulia now that I've taken it off the market?
Hi G,

Did you have your property listed with a broker? If so, they should be able to remove the property for you.

877 LUCID99
0 votes Share Flag Tue Nov 1, 2011 How To... in 60611
B.J. Tregoni…, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL
B.J. Tregoning answered:
How do I find if there is a lien on my home in Chicago at 651 E. 92nd Street, Chicago, IL 60619
Go to and search by Property Identification Number (PIN). Enter the PIN in the website and see if there are any recorded liens. This does not guarantee that the property is ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Nov 11, 2014 How To... in 60619
Daniel Fisher, Real Estate Pro in Charlotte, NC
Daniel Fisher answered:
sq. footage of my house is incorrect. The one the government is using for RE taxes in cook Co., Ill. How do you remeasure,what is included?
In NC, we have a nice guide that explains square footage and how to calculate it. When reporting square footage, North Carolina real estate agents should carefully follow these Reside ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Aug 26, 2012 How To... in Mount Prospect
Anna Brocco, Real Estate Pro in Nassau County, NY
Anna Brocco answered:
can anybody recommend an attorney to consult about the eviction?
You can consider checking with any local Chamber of Commerce Branch for recommendations...
0 votes Share Flag Wed Jun 29, 2011 How To... in Palos Hills
Patricia McD…, Real Estate Pro in 60642
Patricia McDonald answered:
Where can I find a apartment in chicago il with bad credit?
Do you know your credit score? How much are you earning annually working part-time? Do you have student loan money? Do you have a good landlord reference? There are more factors to rent ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Jan 7, 2015 How To... in 60637
Anna Brocco, Real Estate Pro in Nassau County, NY
Anna Brocco answered:
we bought a new built home from a builder who is now bankrupt. I an getting a few lien notices . Am I liable for the money owed?
Without much information as to the liens--do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and have all related paperwork reviewed--then go from there, he/she is your best sou ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Oct 13, 2010 How To... in Hoffman Estates
Melissa Kamp…, Real Estate Pro in 60156
Melissa Kampschroer Leetzow answered:
The living space on this house has changed since it was bought in 1999. It now has more livable square footage and another bathroom (total 2). How?
Hi Marni

Could you please provide an address? I could then see what I am able to find out.

Melissa Leetzow E-PRO SFR Realtor
Coldwell Banker Primus
0 votes Share Flag Fri Apr 2, 2010 How To... in Mount Prospect
Conrad Hodgs…, Real Estate Pro in Encinitas, CA
Conrad Hodgson answered:
how to get my money back from help modify now. what legal measures can i take?
I assume you mean the lender promised a loan modification if you paid them a certain amount, but did not follow through? I have heard this from several homeowners. I think you should ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Dec 15, 2009 How To... in 60478
Jennifer Ames, Real Estate Pro in 60614
Jennifer Ames answered:
Craig's List is a great venue for rentals. You can repost weekly. There are companies that can help you format your ads with photos. Email and they can let you kno ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri Nov 11, 2011 How To... in Chicago
Natasa Glamo…, Real Estate Pro in Burr Ridge, IL
Natasa Glamoclija answered:
I need a listing from a house that was sold already.
I can help you if you are willing to work with a Realtor. My office is located in La Grange Park, IL.
0 votes Share Flag Thu Mar 1, 2012 How To... in 60526
Laura Karamb…, Real Estate Pro in Downers Grove, IL
Laura Karambelas answered:
If I wanted to rent a house in the New Trier district, what's the best way to find it?

No, you are not stuck looking for rentals on Craistlist. You can call a local Realtor. We are able to search for rentals by school district from our MLS. The agent will be able ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun May 10, 2009 How To... in Wilmette
Jill Schauwe…, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Jill Schauwecker answered:
I am looking for a piano that a seller needs to sell.
There is an upright piano for sale here in Glencoe. You can contact me at I will put you in touch with my clients. best, Jill
0 votes Share Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013 How To... in 60022
Jeff - Ginny…, Real Estate Pro in Vero Beach, FL
Jeff - Ginny Mitchell answered:
How do I find a agent specializing in Oak Park, IL and Jefferson Park in Chicago?
We suggest that you contact the CRS office to interview for your property sale. Fewer than 4% of Realtors nationwide qualify for the prestigious CRS designation that requires extensive ... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon May 12, 2014 How To... in 60647
Scott Godzyk, Real Estate Pro in 03109
Scott Godzyk answered:
how can I work to lower the realtor commission?
yes, normal residential rental commission is 1 month rent, you can always negotiate any commission. you need to find somone who first specializes in rental, dont just pick a name out of ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Sep 11, 2008 How To... in Evanston, IL
Bill Eckler-…, Real Estate Pro in Venice, FL
Bill Eckler-Florida, answered:
Length of time to go after a real estate Developer

Check your contract and your builders warranty. Get a written statement from your contractor and seek the advice of an attorney. At the same time, it might be helpful to mak ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue May 24, 2011 How To... in Chicago
Search Advice


Email me when…

Learn more

Meet the Trulia VIPs
Lori Cromie, Broker in Barrington, IL
Lori Cromie
Barrington, IL
Dominic Caruso, Managing Broker in 60067
Dominic Caruso
Managing Broker
Mindy Shea, Broker in Evanston
Mindy Shea
J.P. Bitting, Broker in Ukranian Village, Ch...
J.P. Bitting
Ukranian Village, Ch...
Home > Q&A > Illinois > Cook County > How To... in Cook County
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer