Central State : Questions & Answers

change location

cancel or


Scott Godzyk, Real Estate Pro in 03109
Scott Godzyk answered:
Can property taxes be negotiated?
Sorry but NO. You can however seek an abatement on the assessed value of the home if you think the town.city has placed too high an assessed value on the home. The tax collector multipl ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Jan 6, 2013 Home Buying in Central State
Bill Eckler-…, Real Estate Pro in Venice, FL
Bill Eckler-Florida, answered:
2 brothers & I are joint owners of a small house. How should can I take my name off the house?
Hi Liz,

This is a situation best referred to an attorney for their input. There may be other options that may be otherwise overlooked.

Good luck
0 votes Share Flag Thu Jan 14, 2010 Home Selling in Central State
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA
Ute Ferdig - Atty. Negotiator answered:
is it ethical for the listing agent to offer to buy the house himself? The agent in question is asking the
Hello Blue54. The answer to your question really depends on the circumstances. I think one of the biggest issues will be to come up with a fair purchase price. When you hire an agent ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Aug 5, 2008 Home Selling in Central State, Schenectady, NY
J R, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY
J R answered:
is the nys mansion tax applicable when a home is purchased as a second home non primary residence in nys?
The mansion tax is applicable when buying any home. First, second, third, investment, you name it. It is 1% of the total price on a home over 1M.
0 votes Share Flag Thu Jun 12, 2008 Home Buying in Central State, Schenectady, NY
Barbara Cart…, Real Estate Pro in 12528
Barbara Carter answered:
how do i force seller to honor contract in new york. they received a higher offer
In New York, we reccomend that you hire an attorney to handle the sale and purchase of a home. As a real estate agent it is impossible to answer this question with more that spe ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Jan 6, 2013 Home Buying in Central State
Suzanne Walk…, Real Estate Pro in Oklahoma City, OK
Suzanne Walker answered:
How soon after purchasing a home can a person refinance? Is it possible to refinance without paying any fees?
At least 1 year due to seasoning requirements. And, IF a lender will due it prior to 1 year you can bet you pay big bucks for it.

Ultimately, what establishes the value of a property ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Nov 8, 2007 Financing in Central State, Schenectady, NY
Ian Coburn, Real Estate Pro in New Orleans, LA
Ian Coburn answered:
How can I tell what style my house is? There's a discrepancy as to what year it was built. One sources says
Send me a pic, ian70119@yahoo.com and I will tell you what style
0 votes Share Flag Thu Nov 1, 2007 Home Selling in Central State, Schenectady, NY
Ryan Ward, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA
Ryan Ward answered:
IHi, Matt,

t depends on the MLS system, but, usually it can stay there forever. It's a pubklic record.
0 votes Share Flag Wed Oct 31, 2007 Home Selling in Central State, Schenectady, NY
Search Advice


Email me when…

Learn more

Meet the Trulia VIPs
David Phaff, Agent in Albany
David Phaff
Matthew Maloney, Broker in 12047
Matthew Maloney
Garry DeGonza, Broker in 12205
Garry DeGonza
Dennis Evans, Agent in Clifton Park, NY
Dennis Evans
Clifton Park, NY
Home > Q&A > New York > Schenectady County > Schenectady > Central State
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer