How To... in 11233 : Questions & Answers

change location

cancel or


Mitchell Fel…, Real Estate Pro in Brooklyn, NY
Mitchell Feldman answered:
convert a single family house to a two family house?
Dear Kira:

You need to speak to an architect to see if it is possible for you to do such a thing. There are laws, safety codes and zoning restrictions you have to be concerned about ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Jun 13, 2013 How To... in Brooklyn
Mitchell Fel…, Real Estate Pro in Brooklyn, NY
Mitchell Feldman answered:
What practical details should be considered when helping a family member put a downpayment on a home?
My thoughts:

1) In order for the money to be used in the purchase of a property, it has to be a gift and the purchaser must get a gift letter from the gift giver so the bank can conf ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Nov 27, 2012 How To... in Clinton Hill
Abu Musa, Real Estate Pro in ,
Abu Musa answered:
My landlord is undergoing forclosure & hasnt paid any bills in the house i had 2put dheat & hot water in my name due to marshalls seizing do
As long as you live in the house this is your responsibility to pay your rent.
0 votes Share Flag Tue Dec 6, 2011 How To... in Brooklyn
Coldwell Ban…, Real Estate Pro in ,
Coldwell Banker Shayovitz Realty answered:
can an underground basement be legal to rent in brooklyn ny gravesend?
Yes, if it has a Certificate of Ocupancy.
0 votes Share Flag Wed Oct 19, 2011 How To... in Gravesend
Ian A. Wolf, Real Estate Pro in Morristown, NJ
Ian A. Wolf answered:
Agents needed
Create a monthly office newsletter. Include sales tips, office news, office success stories, etc. Mail it monthly to agents you are trying to recruit. You will stand out and it will be ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Sep 22, 2010 How To... in Bay Ridge and Fort Hamilton
Christopher…, Real Estate Pro in Methuen, MA
Christopher Lefebvre answered:
I've been on trulia and realtor but are there many properties that I'm missing out on that i cannot find with out a broker?
If you are looking for homes listed on the MLS, then they should be on The best way to search for homes listed on the MLS is to search on an agent's MLS account. Mos ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Jan 5, 2011 How To... in Brooklyn
Madeline Pad…, Real Estate Pro in ,
Madeline Padovano answered:
My lease is up 12/31/10 & rent is current through 8/31/10. My job is relocating-Detroit from NY & I have opted to go 9/1/10. How can I port?
Hi Niesi
What do you mean How can I port?
You are breaking your lease - some owners will sue you and some will let you go.
Ask if they will cancel the balance of your lease and let y ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri Jul 23, 2010 How To... in Brooklyn
Gail Gladsto…, Real Estate Pro in ,
Gail Gladstone answered:
I have a house in Moscow,Russia I 'd like to exchange it to apartment in NYC what can you recommend ?
Very interesting idea. How to market the idea? Call NY Times and Newsday and The Post and the Daily News and ask to speak to a feature writer from the real estate section.

They may ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Jun 28, 2009 How To... in Manhattan Beach
Gail Gladsto…, Real Estate Pro in ,
Gail Gladstone answered:
Upside Down in Home What do I say to the Mortgage Company? More likely to renegotiate if I am behind?
You need to speak to an attorney for most of your answers. Logic would dictate that if you were not married, you are not responsible for your partner's debt unless you were also on the ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Dec 11, 2008 How To... in Prospect Park South
Joanna Lane,  in Southold, NY
Joanna Lane answered:
Is there a way to buy a residential building with no money down? Any programs that support this?
Well done on the credit score, but that alone is not going to do it. Banks want to see you take some of the risk, as much as possible actually, then there is less risk for them. Your s ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Sep 25, 2008 How To... in 11220
Aileen-Manha…,  in New York, NY
Aileen-Manhattan-NYC answered:
need to find reasonable real estate & tenant landlord lawyer for my elder mom and aunts in brooklyn,ny

Contact the Kings County Bar Association. It should have an attorney referral line or an office. Also ask about low income assistance or referrals for local attornies wh ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri Aug 22, 2008 How To... in Bedford - Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, NY
Jeff & Ginny…, Real Estate Pro in Vero Beach, FL
Jeff & Ginny Mitchell answered:
am from jordan so how can i have high school deploma from your school (Brooklyn) from home?
Be very cautious about any offers you might receive because unfortunately there are so many people willing to cheat you and take your money without any valid credentials to help you ear ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Jul 29, 2008 How To... in 11224
Search Advice


Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Q&A > New York > Kings County > Brooklyn > 11233 > How To... in 11233
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer