hi, see the market trends for North Beach and San Francisco
$$$ BUYER CASH REBATE 50%-60% / SELLER DISCOUNT 50% $$$
See "ACTIVE" listings for sale in real-time from San Francisco to San Jose
Flavio Tejada, Owner/Broker, Realtor, MBA-Finance
(415) 305-2958... more
This is the wrong question--the question should be, what is the reason you are considering a second mortgage?
1. Most seconds are put in place instead of having a higher first loan with mortgage insurance.
2. Many times the payment on the 2nd loan is actually less than the mortgage insurance payment would have been.
3. Many seconds are HELOC products, which can be paid down and reborrowed on later at a rate lower than most credit cards, and used for things like home improvements.
4. Often the interest on a 2nd mortgage is tax deductible (check with your cpa to confirm)
5. The primary reason clients will use a second mortgage is to purchase property with a lower downpayment. This allows them to become homeowners sooner, benefit from current low interest rates on the first loan, and start benefitting from the home interest tax benefits.... more
You would have to check with an attorney or the City zoning ordinance on this. I think that you are allowed 2 persons per room. Then the question becomes what is a room? It might even be 2 per bedroom and another 1 or 2 in the dining room.
I have seen places where every room--the living and dining rooms--not the kitchen--was used as sleeping quarters.
With high rents in San Francisco, it is the only way people can afford to live!
Heck, I even saw an illegal unit recently with a family of 4 in one bedroom, another guy in a really small (probably not legal room) and another guy underneath the stairs in what should have been the laundry area!
That was the only way this family could afford their rent. Kind of sad in some ways.
As long as people aren't causing problems--as in an REO I sold once in Mission Terrace that had once had 9 separate leases and the electricity was a mess--and neighbors don't complain, there usually isn't a problem, (In this situation, the neighbors did complain as there wasn't any parking at this house and it was a small street so the neighbors couldn't park either!)
Hope this helps.
YES!!! I always ask my buyers to imagine themselves as the sellers in the future. From your description, I would bet the easier sell will be the unit on Clay & Jones. Nobody likes weird. Everybody loves a view. I am sure you can figure out transportation issues from which ever location you choose to buy.... more
Parking can be difficult at times.
North Beach can be very busy/ loud on the weekends.
With that being said, North Beach is an amazing neighborhood - gorgeous views, diverse cultures, amazing park, great weather!!... more
Are you wanting to see unit 201 priced at $649 which is a short sale or unit 301 priced at $749. both need appointments which I can make for you and meet you. Please give me a call 7294189 so we can plan this.
So what are you watting for? Hire a Realtor!
A Realtor will ask you the information of your finance to check on the details, such as max purchase price.
Great for you, been pre approved is very good.... more