I believe that both areas are good areas to live in. If you work in Fairfax then I would suggest living in Centreville due to the traffic time. Other than that, Blooms Crossing is a great neighborhood. If you want more information please don't hesitate to contact me 703-400-6709... more
Do not listen to anyone that is telling you to "hold on" - you see it is the agents and the banks that drove this meltdown. Here is what you are going to do,
1) go and get as much credit as you can, then cash out (cash advances on all your cards)
2) stop paying your mortgage
3) get roommates and collect the rent
4) stop making your car payment
5) stop paying your utilities
6) in general just stop doing everything you've been doing
* after about a year or so, the utilities, banks, etc ... will start to react with liens, collections, etc ... at this point you appease by saying you will pay, payment plan, blah blah blah.
* you should be up at least 20 - 50k at this point which will cover the 30k you put out of pocket into the property.
* if the bank takes your car, let them, it probably wasn't worth what you paid for it, go buy a cheap affordable car using some of the cash you have saved up.
* just keep living your life without paying a single bill and don't freak out, it's part of the plan
* eventually you will be evicted, but the courts are so overwhelmed, it may take up to 2 years after you stop paying your mortgage.
* once you see the eviction posting on your door (or getting close to it) go and file for bankruptcy.
* when the sheriff comes to your door, show him the bankruptcy papers and you can now live for another few months rent free and hopefully collecting rent.
so by now it's probably 2012 and you are starting from scratch. your home is maybe worth 165k and you have saved close to 100k by not paying any bills and driving a cheap car that you paid for in cash. It will take 7 years to come out of bankruptcy.
by 2019 your home may or may not be worth the 260k you paid for it, but you will have come away at least 100k better off.... more