Your post says that you are looking for rental homes in the Bexley, OH area. You should check out this site: http://www.bankforeclosuressale.com/. It is a leading website database that contains over two million foreclosure homes, including bank foreclosures, government foreclosures like VA homes and HUD homes, distressed properties and commercial properties that are for sale all across the nation.
All of the listings have had any outstanding liens eliminated and the title is free and clear. We also update our extensive collection of listings every day. Membership opens up the listing and reveals the contact information and a detailed property description including more photos.
I did a quick check for homes in your area and I found 64 active listings. Here is the link to check it out: http://www.bankforeclosuressale.com/list/zipcodes/43209.html... more
Yes it could hurt the resale value of your home. But first ask yourself these questions:
1) Noise level - what's going on in the area on a daily bases?
2) Traffic; school buses, parents picking up and dropping off students?
3) Privacey - is there a lot of foot and car traffic?
4) Is your back yard easy access to children coming to and from school
5) How many times a week do they have special outside activities; band practice, games and cheerleading?
Is there an outside basketball court near by?
The choice is yours, but you must consider your privacey and temperment when moving next to a school...