97123 : Questions & Answers

change location

cancel or


Kevin Richey, Real Estate Pro in Saint George, UT
Kevin Richey answered:
I'd like to buy a condo/town home in the $100,000 on my own without my wife involved so property will be mine once we divorce. can i do that?
That could be a little tricky. You will want to speak with your attorney, to make sure that will work.
0 votes Share Flag Fri May 2, 2014 Home Buying in 97123
Mandy and Je…, Real Estate Pro in Portland, OR
Mandy and Jennifer answered:
When a home for sale is listed as, 'cash only', does that mean a new loan needs to be originated? Do you, the potential buyer, originate?
It means only a cash buyer can buy the property, but sometimes private money loans will work as well. Ask your Realtor to check specifically about the properties you are interested in. ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri May 2, 2014 Home Buying in 97123
Dirk Knudsen, Real Estate Pro in 97124
Dirk Knudsen answered:
Where do I go to get the Oregon rules covering ' the forefeiture of earnest money ' when the buyer didnt buy?
This is a specific contractual question. You can write 10 contracts and never have the same answer to this. And to answer it you need to know why they backed out. They may well have ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sat Mar 29, 2014 Home Selling in 97123
Rebekah, Renter in Forest Grove, OR
Rebekah asked:
Cant find affordable single family rental in area. Is there a trick to first finding and then negotiating? Looking for rentals in the area on the lower end of the rental prices ($700 - $800). I know there are rentals out there with what we are looking for (small two bedroom, one bathroom single…
0 votes Share Flag Sun Sep 8, 2013 For Rent in 97123
Simon Campbe…, Real Estate Pro in Miami Beach, FL
Simon Campbell answered:
Cancel a sale contract on my short sale?Bank gave modified trial plan for 3 months. I have accepted an offer back in march, legal action against me?
In most buy/sell agreements, the contract is worded to protect the seller from the buyer backing out - i.e. keeping the earnest money deposit. The only legal ramification for backing ou ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Aug 14, 2013 Home Selling in 97123
Bob Hoerner…, Real Estate Pro in Portland, OR
Bob Hoerner Mlo 978954 answered:
Can you use your VA loan eligibility to buy a second home? One that you could rent to a relative? Perhaps a rent to own situation?
As for VA loans in general they do not allow for a purchase of a non-owner home. The benefit is intended for vets and active duty to purchase a home in ehich they will leave in. The o ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Feb 12, 2013 Home Buying in 97123
Dave Sutton,…, Real Estate Pro in Portland, OR
Dave Sutton, Windermere, Portland answered:
What is the name of the Home Owners Association for this property - 2624 SE Laurel Court, Hillsboro, Or 97123?
Are you aware this listing was cancelled in February 2011?
0 votes Share Flag Sat Jul 2, 2011 In My Neighborhood in 97123
Kevin Sucher, Real Estate Pro in 97229
Kevin Sucher answered:
Buying a share of property with use of an appartment. Want to expand livingspace into current storage area, Implications?
I assume that the land is single residential and you already stated that the apartment did not have permits when built.

For you to buy 25% you will need to setup a partnership with p ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Nov 2, 2010 Home Buying in 97123
David Waite, Real Estate Pro in Beaverton, OR
David Waite answered:
House (2005, 1662 square feet, JLS, 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath) that backs onto Jackson Bottom Wetlands - no luck renting - may sell fsbo suggestions?

Unless you are familiar with the real estate laws and contracts I would not sell your property yourself. The liability alone should be enough for you to hire a professional realt ... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon May 17, 2010 Home Selling in 97123
Jason H. Gom…, Real Estate Pro in Beaverton, OR
Jason H. Gomes answered:
Capital Gains tax.....
Short answer ~ There are no taxes paid on your primary residence, any home that you own for 5 years or more, and have lived in for more then 2 years of the 5 is considered your primary ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri Jun 5, 2009 Home Selling in 97123
Search Advice


Email me when…

Learn more

Meet the Trulia Pros
Jason & Michelle Mer..., Agent in Portland, OR
Jason & Michelle Mer...
Portland, OR
Gabby Tyer, Managing Broker in Portland
Gabby Tyer
Managing Broker
Jason & Amber Ga..., Broker in Sherwood, OR
Jason & Amber Ga...
Sherwood, OR
R. Scott Mcbeth, Broker in 97231
R. Scott Mcbeth
Home > Q&A > Oregon > Washington County > Hillsboro > 97123
Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer