10017 : Questions & Answers

change location

cancel or


Terry Koraha…, Real Estate Pro in Queens County, NY
Terry Korahais answered:
If you are a Canadian resident and you want to borrow a loan/mortgage to buy a home in United States. Which bank is recommended to inquire for a quote
Hey Superboy, Try Royal Bank of Canada, I've had good experiences with them with Canadian buyers. Bone chance. Terry 718-614-3167 cell or TKorahais@elliman.com
0 votes Share Flag Mon Jun 16, 2014 Home Buying in 10017
Dragan Stefa…, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY
Dragan Stefanovic answered:
I am feeling very overwhlemed with this fannie mae, crisis, do you think we are headedfor a serious
Well, I do not know your financial situation but from your post you may be experiencing difficulties. The market is on an up-swing, so that is a positive. It can't hurt to feel out the ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Apr 17, 2014 Market Conditions in 10017
Edward Hunt, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY
Edward Hunt answered:
are the apts for rent posted on Trulia.com from the landlord or agents? why there is not contact information on each list?
HI Anne-
Where are you looking to rent? If NYC, I would be happy to help you. 347-218-2749 or ehunt@citihabitats.com. I hope to hear from you. Ed Hunt
0 votes Share Flag Mon Apr 7, 2014 Using Trulia in 10017
Nardeen Bill…, Real Estate Pro in 10001
Nardeen Billan answered:
Are individual condo unit inspections customary in NYC?
Denise, it is not customary but people are becoming more aware that hiring a professional inspector is the way to go! Not all surprises are good and it is an amazing feeling to find som ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Feb 25, 2014 Home Buying in 10017
Payment-Plan…, Real Estate Pro in New York
Payment-Plan Broker answered:
Are HPD inspections required for all rental properties in NYC? Or is it only if a complaint has been made about the rental property?
Hello Jenn,

HPD code enforcement officers comes out when a 311 complaint is filed (usually by the tenant).

If and when a filed complaint is substantiated, a Code Violation is issu ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Feb 10, 2013 Rental Basics in 10017
omatos215965, Home Owner in Framingham Center, MA
omatos215965 answered:
How do I find a loan Modification company in Mass.?
visit www.afahinfo.org, I struggled for a couple years trying to get a mod on my house after I lost my job and went through a period were my income was bad. I got their info through a m ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Dec 5, 2012 Foreclosure in 10017
Joseph C. Ha…, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY
Joseph C. Hastings answered:
coop bylaws
Coop bylaws or "House rules" are found in your offering plan. You may want to read them to obtain your answer. Your question seems to imply not a visitor but someone who will ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Feb 2, 2012 Rental Basics in 10017
Denise, Home Buyer in 10036
Denise answered:
Am I making a wise short sale purchase, given the fact that I'll have to cover the seller's $30K HOA debt?
Based on my offer I'd be getting the property $70K - $80K below market value. I'm aware the bank could counter my offer, but I'm unwilling to go any higher due to the hug ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Nov 13, 2011 Home Buying in 10017
Troylee, Home Owner in South Carolina
Troylee answered:
Do You Think Predatory Up Front Loan Modification Fees Are Becoming A Problem?
0 votes Share Flag Fri Oct 21, 2011 Foreclosure in 10017
Jeanette Wil…, Real Estate Pro in Queens, NY
Jeanette Wilson answered:
trying to change real estate agent
I agree sometimes it can be difficult. But if the agent assisted you in finding the property, negotiated the price and got the contracts started, then they are entitled to the commissio ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Sep 15, 2011 Home Buying in 10017
Josh L., Other/Just Looking in Grand Rapids, MI
Josh L. answered:
what are the best places to put my FSBO apartment online?
You can list your apartment at FreeHomesForSaleByOwner.com in under five minutes - no account required. I have my home listed there.
0 votes Share Flag Sat May 21, 2011 Home Selling in 10017
Sarita, Home Buyer in 02368
Sarita answered:
Seller is foreign national. Valid POA not provided on closing date. Seller's attorney not agreeing to refund deposit and wants to litigate.
Thank you ! We are going to see a litigation lawyer tomorrow. I will bring up Lis Pendens with him during the consultation.
0 votes Share Flag Wed May 4, 2011 Home Buying in 10017
Jovani Giron, Real Estate Pro in 10465
Jovani Giron answered:
Is a mail away closing possible if the seller cannot attend the closing and is not a US citizen?

It depends on the state you are purchasing the property, in New York State a mail away closing is not possible, contact your attorney to find our if it is possible in the s ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Apr 20, 2011 Home Buying in 10017
Sarita, Home Buyer in 02368
Sarita answered:
What does a buyer do if the seller does not agree to a closing date nor is able to furnish a power of attorney?
THank you so much Mitchell. The bank attorney has also reverted that the mail away closing is not possible in NY. We are going the extension route. Thanks again! Hopefully this will so ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Apr 19, 2011 Home Buying in 10017
Mitchell Hall, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY
Mitchell Hall answered:
What goes into an official offer document? Does it include my financial assets?
If it is a coop purchase the seller or their agent may ask for a signed (REBNY) financial statement. A pre-approval from a bank is not enough to purchase in 10017. Coops and many condos ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Apr 17, 2011 Home Buying in 10017
Tim Moore, Real Estate Pro in Nags Head, NC
Tim Moore answered:
my tenant wants to buy my midtown condo 450sf for 400,000 but close in two years is this a good deal?
This is a rent to buy situation and those normally always work out best for the landlord. Get an option fee added to the base rent each month. This needs to be placed in an escrow accou ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Dec 12, 2010 Home Selling in 10017
Teddy Sonner, Real Estate Pro in Bethesda, MD
Teddy Sonner answered:
deed in lieu
Hi Julie,

Deed in lieu might be the best option and I would agree that you should speak with a real estate attorney about your situation. Also, here is a link that is better written ... more
0 votes Share Flag Thu Nov 4, 2010 Foreclosure in 10017
Roberta Wass…, Real Estate Pro in 10549
Roberta Wasser answered:
Is Indymac Blocking Loan Modifications As A Business Decision With The Help Of George Soros, Michael Dell And A Couple Of Goldman Sachs Blue Bloods?
Dan, I really enjoyed reading your article, Thanks alot!!! Very informative!!!
0 votes Share Flag Fri Sep 3, 2010 Foreclosure in 10017
1 2
Search Advice


Email me when…

Learn more

Meet the Trulia VIPs
Derek Lee - MBA, Broker in New York, NY
Derek Lee - MBA
New York, NY
Noah Freedman, Agent in New York, NY
Noah Freedman
New York, NY
Jane Powers, Broker in 10001
Jane Powers
Home > Q&A > New York > New York County > New York > 10017
Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer