01609 : Questions & Answers

change location

cancel or


Edwadrd Murp…, Real Estate Pro in ,
Edwadrd Murphy answered:
my mother is elderly and does not get enough heat and the landlord does nothing we called hpd over and over again nothing what do we do

Louis gave you great advise, if your mothers landlord is not providing heat (or working heating system) you may also withhold rent. Keep in mind when you withhold rent you ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Jan 12, 2014 Rental Basics in 01609
Anthony Piem…, Real Estate Pro in ,
Anthony Piemonte answered:
im selling my house what are the attorney fees associated in closing
Hello! I'm not a Lawyer, but I have a great team of Lawyers that I have worked with, I would be more than happy to refer you to a couple of them. Most have a "flat" fee but I would sugg ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Dec 22, 2013 Home Buying in 01609
Kathy Schell…, Real Estate Pro in Plymouth, MA
Kathy Schelleng answered:
How much will a MA Real Estate Closing Attorney cost??? PS--- I am a cash buyer (and first time buyer as well)! Thank you :)
Be sure to ask your buyer's agent to recommend at least three attorneys. Be sure to speak directly to each and choose based on how accessible and responsive they seem, as well as their ... more
0 votes Share Flag Mon Jan 14, 2013 Home Buying in 01609
Carly Elford, Real Estate Pro in Stephenville, TX
Carly Elford answered:
If the agent did not get paid enough from the bank (because I am buying a short sale property), should I (as the buyer) to pay her composition?
As a buyer’s agent, we are always looking out for the best interest of our client. To put our client in a situation where they feel obligated to pay us out of their own pocket, o ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Jan 9, 2013 Home Buying in 01609
Roz  Levine, Real Estate Pro in Worcester, MA
Roz Levine answered:
Met a realtor from Worcester, moved to Raleigh, said paying > 60K for anything here is suicide. True? Trends look like it.
That Realtor must have been a disgruntled unsuccessful agent. I've been selling in Worcester,Ma for more than 25 years & I can show you properties over $60,000 that more than h ... more
1 vote Share Flag Sun Oct 30, 2011 Home Buying in 01609
Scott A. Nel…,  in 02155
Scott A. Nelson answered:
massachusett My landload did not give me a written notice where he has deposited my security deposit, only a hand-written receipt saying he received
You should talk with a real estate attorney or other tennant advocate to review all your documents to see how best to proceed. The local housing court to your area also has resources av ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sat Oct 8, 2011 Rentals in 01609
Sherri Way, Real Estate Pro in Framingham, MA
Sherri Way answered:
Problems with my landlord...
1. I don't believe this is legal
2. he is supposed to give you written notice of the security deposit
3. This will depend on what YOUR lease says. The typical/standard lease fr ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri Oct 7, 2011 Rental Basics in 01609
Kevin Vitali, Real Estate Pro in Tewksbury, MA
Kevin Vitali answered:
How to deal with the situation that the 'short' sale takes too 'long'?
Short sales can take a long time. As a Massachusetts Short Sale Real Estate agent, I have closed many short sales. My average response time from the bank is about 2.5 to 3 months then ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Aug 23, 2011 Home Buying in 01609
Christine Mo…, Real Estate Pro in Wilbraham, MA
Christine Moran Realtor & Notary answered:
I am currently a college student on US student visa F1 and I am wondering will I qualify for HUD property?
I have a loan person I can refer you to answer your questions. Email me.
0 votes Share Flag Wed Jul 27, 2011 Home Buying in 01609
Louis  Wolfs…, Real Estate Pro in Needham, MA
Louis Wolfson answered:
What if there's not enough heater in the apt?
Landlord is required to provide heat unless the lease states tenant is responsible.

A. Heat: Failure to provide heat during seasons which require
heat. The landlord must pro ... more
0 votes Share Flag Sun Jul 24, 2011 Rental Basics in 01609
Jack Larson,  in Worcester County, MA
Jack Larson answered:
What are the normal process to do buy short sale house/apt.?
I am only guessing that you did not work through an agent the first time? If you did the agent should have answered all these questions for you. Anyway, the process is initially the s ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Jul 20, 2011 Home Buying in 01609
Scott A. Nel…,  in 02155
Scott A. Nelson answered:
The landlord will get punishment if he terminates the lease illegally, even when it is not indicated in the lease?
Gerard, Massachusetts is VERY different than Florida, basically take the rules of the other 42 states (Massachusetts is on of only a handfull) and throw them out the window. Here in MA ... more
0 votes Share Flag Fri Jul 8, 2011 Rental Basics in 01609
Jaffo Nerr,  in Detroit, MI
Jaffo Nerr answered:
I am paying cash ($40,000) to buy a condo that is a short sale, I wonder who should pay the closing fee and about how much it will cost?
If you are buying anything in Worcester, you're doing everyone else a favor and buying a falling knife, therefore you have a bargaining position to just tell the seller and the ass ... more
0 votes Share Flag Wed Apr 6, 2011 Home Buying in 01609
Crystal Gonz…, Real Estate Pro in ,
Crystal Gonzalez answered:
I am a cash buyer and put in an asking-price offer for a short sale condo in the beginning of Jan, haven't heard back from the bank yet, is it

This is very normal. Short sales can take several months and at times be very frustrating. Bill listed some very good questions to have your agent address. Again, if thi ... more
0 votes Share Flag Tue Apr 5, 2011 Home Buying in 01609
Search Advice


Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Q&A > Massachusetts > Worcester County > Worcester > 01609
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer