I don;t use top producer with a droid, however I recently switched from my trusted blackberry to the Droid X and will say that it is unbelievable. It is worlds beyond the blackberry and has helped already save time and energy with my business.... more
The NJ Department of Community Affairs (DCA) has a booklet called "Truth in Renting". This publication outlines the duties of a landlord and the responsibilities of tenants. You should have copies of this, because by law you are required to provide a copy to your tenants. If you don't check the DCA website.... more
Lenore, there is no "formula" about what percentage of a listing price to offer.
Knowing what to offer comes from many places.
* Understanding the true-value of the home based on comps and CMAs
* Knowledge of what your desired target price is
* Understanding the climate of the current market
* An awareness of the list/sale ratio of recent comparable sales
* Negotiating skill (not to put too fine a point on it, but it's much easier to know what to offer, when you'd negotiated for homes before... the more successful times, the better, and you can get a "feel" for the seller, and figure out how they might respond by "profiling" and getting into their mind)
* ... and other intangibles.
As you can see, coming up with that starting point, is a compilation of lots of different things, all coming together to build that price.... more