I can't speak specifically to Lake Villa, but--more generally--if the question is:" Our home has been listed for 2 weeks and have received only 2 inquiries and no showings--is this normal?" the answer is no.
Different markets have different levels of activity. But in many markets today, if a home is properly priced you might have expected 5-10 showings in the first 2 weeks. Maybe more.
And without knowing anything more about your house, it's impossible to say for certain what the problem is. However, there's perhaps a 90% chance that it's overpriced. (The other 10% might involve an absolutely dead market where you are. Or if you have very limited/restricted showing hours or conditions, that can cut down on interest.)
Talk to your Realtor. Ask her to run a CMA--even if she did so just a month ago. Then YOU take a look at the comps and see how they were priced. Then ask your agent to run a list of actives that are comparable. Ask your agent to take you to those properties so that you can actually walk around and see your competition. After you do that--and do that in the next day or two--consult with your agent and make whatever price adjustments are appropriate.
We not only handle rentals (we've currently got a home on the lake in Lindenhurst for rent) put we also do property management for people who don't want to worry about rent collection, maintenance, tenant screening etc... We manage about 30 properties and assist about 50 clients a year with their rental. I'd love to answer any questions you have. You can reach me by phone at 847-557-1622 between 11-12 and 4-5 live, or just leave a message and I'll call you back at your convenience. Or e-mail me (email@example.com) your number and best time to reach you. Take care and good luck.... more