Question Details

Christopher…, Real Estate Pro in 92543

Why would attorneys & other industry professionals choose not to participate in Trulia?I

Asked by Christopher Walker, 92543 Mon Nov 12, 2007

see other forums where real estate attorneys provide some really valuable information to industry professionals and consumers. Something that is surely needed in this market. I would never expect to provide more than general information but, why do they choose to abstain from providing information here? Is it the people here or the product?

Help the community by answering this question:

Answers

BEST ANSWER
Realtors in general have different reasons to actually use forums like this. And also buyers and sellers. The latter is on here for quick advice or sometimes longterm advice and usually will jump off when there done with there transaction, and might jump back for small detail advice after a transaction has closed. Its not that Realtors have more time on our hands, it is the fact that our main goal in todays market is exposure, and internet exposure is on top of that list.

We are all not naive to think we will be bombarded with leads or one for that matter, but the exposure and branding is a tool. This is a different mindset than any Lawyer or CPA. They are not worried about exposure, and have little need to step outside of there ancient practices. I do think that if a these professionals did show up, they would be in for a surprise of how much it would help them brand themselves. But they donot practice the same marketing strategies as us realtors, or Im not even sure they have a marketing plan.
5 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2007
They want you to pay for the advice. Us saps are just commenting.
3 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2007
They are in the business for providing their advice at a cost. Also, many times we do not have all the facts to give sound advice and it becomes difficult to ask questions of the question asker to get thorough answers.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2007
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
MVP'08
Contact
Realtyexec:
Its not that Realtors have more time on our hands, it is the fact that our main goal in todays market is exposure, and internet exposure is on top of that list.
~~~~~~~~~
Right. And the fact that we spend so much time on our computers, when we have a few moments between tasks or while we have lunch we can pop over to a forum and read.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2007
Perry,
I think you are right on there.....maybe they (atty. & CPAs) are just too busy while the majority here have nothing better to do. Real estate industry folks just have too much time on their hands I guess and that is the reason. Attorneys are too busy souring the boards for thier next victims and CPA's are too busy counting what little cash Realtors have left and were forced to pay in court fees.??
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2007
I think the main reason would be fear, and venturing into new territory. The target market is a little different, but It may just be fear of the unknown.
Web Reference: http://frontyardview.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 14, 2007
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer