Home Buying in Toms River>Question Details

Jim, Home Buyer in

Purchasing a home in Toms River and having hard time getting homeowners. It is Lagoon front with Inground

Asked by Jim, Tue Jun 3, 2008

pool. State Farm has my primary but doesn't do coastal property. Allstate wants me to move my primary to them first.
Also need flood hazard insurance per the bank.
Anyone know a reputable company to call?

Help the community by answering this question:


State Farm does homeowners and flood insurance, contact the Kristen Tomey State Farm in Manahawkin.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 4, 2008
Try the Martin Agency on Rt.37 in Toms River. They are a broker and deal with many insurance companies.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 3, 2008

Being a waterfront specialist, I know many reputable, resonable insurers. You are going to need an elevation cert to get the best rate, and you should for financing.
Give me a call and I will get you the info. Don't let someone bully you. You do have a choice.

John Jelinski
Crossroads Realty, Barnegat
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 3, 2008
Jim traditionally the big Insurance companies are either gonna want all your business or choose not to write a policy for a high rish area. You're going to need a broker that would have a lot of different companies to write you a flood/home owners policy. You can e-mail srothstein@bbmetro.com, his name is Scott and he works at Brown & Brown Insurance. They write policies themselves but can also broker deals. Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 3, 2008
I have an insurance agent in Manasquan who has companies that will write flood policies for you. I think one of them is Chubb. If you would like her number, email me at diane@dianeglander.com
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 3, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer