Foreclosure in Carson>Question Details

Marina Benson, Home Seller in Carson, CA

I am 4 months behind on my mortgage due to an illnes and not being able to work.I got a notice of default

Asked by Marina Benson, Carson, CA Mon Mar 31, 2008

and election to sell under deed of trust about a week ago. How long do i have before my house is foreclosed and i have to move out. I tried to negotiate with my mortgage company to pay part of the $6800 that i owe but they refused my offer. If i had it all right now, i would pay it but i don't have it all now. I would have to move in with family members but need to know how long i have. I'm very sad and depressed

Help the community by answering this question:


The most important is your health. Have you asked about a forebearance or a short sale. The bank does not want your home they just want to get paid. Best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2008
don't be sad and depressed
look on the bright side
you will get to see more of your family
and you don't have that pesky house payment every month
not sure how long it takes


good luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2008
There are a few ways to remedy this problem. First thing is to let your lender know that you are delinquent because of medical reasons. You can do what's called a "Forbearance Agreement" which will put the delinquent payments in the arrears. Second thing you can do is refinance. If there's equity in the property. Lastly you can put the property on the market and sell if there's equity or you can do a deed in lieu of foreclosure. Which means you sign the property back over to the bank. If you have any questions please contact me. I can help you with anything.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 17, 2014
Hello marina!
Sorry to hear about your situation. On the auction letter they will usually state when the house will be auctioned off. Once you receive the letter, count 26 days from the time they sent the letter.
Usually you can forestall the auction by asking them to do a loan modification.
It's not too late.
If you need more info besides what everybody already wrote in here give me a call.
Century 21 Action!
Cell: (310) 5975686
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 31, 2013
I had my share of people
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 31, 2013

Your credit is also adversely affected when you do a short sale.

Karen Miller
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2008
Hi Marina
Based on your information, yours situation is one of a financial hardship, depending on your loan amount it migh be in your best interest to sell an avoid a foreclosure to save your credit, if you are upside down with your loan, meaning that you owe more than your house is worth, than it shall be a Short Sale.
Short Sale is when your lender will allowed you to sell your home for less that the loan amount at a market value, this is very common this days, but you need an expert on short sale, I have a team that will do all the negotiation with your lender, please contact me for more information. I am in Whittier
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2008
Marina, we spoke to another real estate professional today that knows of a company he highly recommends that will talk to the bank for you and renegotiate your loan...I will know more about it tomorrow. If you are interested in what I find out please email me through this site.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 1, 2008
HI Marina,

John is right . You need to speak to someone in "Loss Mitigation" at your mortgage company immediately! They may be more helpful than you expect. If you don't get results, you may have to attempt a short sale. Please consult a local Realtor.

Best of luck with everything,

Karen Miller
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 1, 2008

Hi, I sent you a response to your posting earlier today. I spoke to the agent who lives and works in Carson regarding your situation and she would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. She does work with short sales and foreclosures. As I mentioned earlier she is terrific, very caring and will listen to you.

Email me at and I can forward to you her information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2008
Marina, I urge you to do what other suggest. Find an experienced Realtor in your area to help. We help folks in these situations all the time--we don't all just want to get paid commission today. We enjoy fostering long-term relationships and future referrals. If we can help you keep your home, you'll remember us later, yes? If you don't want to contact a local, trusted Realtor then one step is to get back on the phone with your lender TOMORROW and ask for the "Loss Mitigation Department." The guys you talked to before were essentially COLLECTIONS SPECIALISTS--there job at the lender is to get that money from you and they are compensated to do so. The loss mitigation department has a different business goal. If there is any situation that requires a lender to be understanding and to work with you, it is when you truly experience a hardship like an illness. If you get the right people on the phone, they will work with you.

John A. Brassner, MBA, Realtor
Windermere Summerlin Real Estate

Cell Phone: 702-808-9816
Fax: 702-995-0488

10777 West Twain Ave, Suite 105
Las Vegas, NV 89135
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2008
Marina, I am so very sorry for what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

In addition to doing what the agents below suggested (consulting with a Realtor) I would also call the mortgage company again and again until I got someone on the telephone who would work with me. Don't give up - keep trying!
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2008

Hi, sorry to hear about your illness and the position it puts you in regarding your home. I work with a great agent that has been in the business for many years and lives and works in Carson. If you are interested, please email me at and I can provide you with her name and number.

Hope all works out for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2008
Don't give up! Get a reputable realtor or mortgage broker to help you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2008
Marina, I am with the last agent. You need to have a serious conversation quickly with either a local agent that knows about short sales/ foreclosure processes and/or a Real Estate Attorney. This is not something to just sit back and see what happens. I can't tell you how long you have because things are run different in different states. So that is really why I also suggest you have a conversation with someone immediately without fail.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation.I just want to let you know you are not the only one in tthis boat. I meet sellers every week that are having similar troubles. So I just don't want you to think you are the only one going through this.

Marina, might I also suggest that you have a conversation with your mortgage company. See what they have to say as well.

I hope this information helps! Best Wishes to you!
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2008
Was it a week ago or two weeks ago? Some things will differ from state to state but you have to get the forelosure stalled while you figure out what to do. Act now!!! Contact a realtor in your area that has experience with this. I am sure you can find someone to help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer