To follow up on Tyler's message I have put together a mini CMA (Market Analysis) for this home. I would be happy to send it to you if you shoot me an email. It will give you a snapshot of what other homes in this neighborhood have sold for, etc.
Let me know if you have further questions. I'm always glad to help!
The home you're looking at is currently assessed for . The annual taxes run $3,076. That translates into $256.33 each month.
If you're wondering what you should pay for that home, I could refer you to a Realtor here in Des Moines that could search that area for free. You definitely don't want to overpay for a property in today's market!
Also, if you have any questions about mortgage financing, I'd be glad to help. I'm also well connected in town for other service providers you might be looking for.
For future reference, you can search MOST counties taxes online (if you'd like to be a do-it-yourselfer). Statewide, go to http://www.iowaassessors.com. If you're looking in Polk County (where this particular property is), you can go to http://www.assess.co.polk.ia.us/web/basic/searchI.html.
1) Click on "Home Owner Inquiry"
2) Type in the address you're searching.
3) Scroll down the property information page to "Polk County Tax Treasurer Information" under assessment information.
4) Scroll all the way down to "Real Estate Tax Calculation and Information".
5) Look at the total annual taxes and that's the figure you're looking for!
I hope that helps! Good luck at your search.
Keep Creating...Informed Decisions,
Certified Mortgage Planner
Four Legacies Mortgage